Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. I’ve grown sour d. I figured they would stretch like crazy being sativa . Mine did not stretch that much . They make up for it in weight though . Tons of trim off sour d as well. They get bushy . They look real healthy though .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  2. Girls are looking mighty fine if you ask me!

Sorry I have kind of neglected this journal last couple of week, I decided to wait for #2 to root and restart the round with the extra clones I had, which did today as #2 finally rooted!

Pics later!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Here are the new Golden Tiger clones moved to the flower tent. again in 1gallon pots they will get transplanted to the no-till after stretch. starting from the top clockwise we got the notorious #4, #5, misdiagnosed male #2, and #1 on the left.
    IMG_2210.jpg
    IMG_2211.jpg

#2, shes a little behind since she just rooted. IMG_2212.jpg

#4 will she flower this time? stay tuned and find out! IMG_2213.jpg

#5 IMG_2214.jpg

:apache:

• Like Like x 4
  4. Looking good Scooby! Can’t wait to see those babies stretch.

• Like Like x 2
  5. At a little over two weeks since the flip my ladies are starting to shape up some. The SDs are all short but bushy.
    C5128545-F0E5-4E3C-8024-6378B70441A8.jpeg
    And the CBD Therapy is still stretching, especially between the nodes. Hopefully it’ll fill that space with buds hehe. This is the tallest one.
    AB327ACA-0FBA-42D1-977F-4D4548520170.jpeg
    I’m done spraying unless something really nasty shows up, but I’m still drenching weekly, on rotation, with neem and essential oils for insurance. I also have some em-1 so I’m using it, along with aloe, coconut, and soap nuts powder.
    Oh yeah, I’m keeping my fingers crossed too. Eight more weeks or so is a long time in a bug’s world. :poke:
    I hope everyone is having a great day!
    Either way, here you go...:passtheshit:
    Now, isn’t that better?:smoke:

• Like Like x 4
  6. So I decided to try a little experiment with one SD, the funky one. I didn’t take a before picture, but it had a lot of twisted and variegated looking leaves on it, so it makes a good subject. As you’ll see, I stripped most of the big fan leaves off, or all the ones that were shading buds. I’m anxious to see what that does for the lower buds and if it looks promising in a couple weeks I might do another one. Here she is...
    66B09CC8-417E-4C5D-BF7C-ED1BFB3FA006.jpeg
    The one beside it...
    10A6B251-F473-4EBC-AA66-ECDC87C80D9B.jpeg
    And a side shot...
    AA0A243E-E50A-4E88-A166-5D7CB9414D8B.jpeg
    It took me awhile!

• Like Like x 1
  7. And here are the leaves, they are going into my green smoothies over the next few days...:love-mj2:
    35DB9577-851B-482B-94D3-68070FB788D3.jpeg
    I’ll definitely let you know how it works out. Now off to inspect those leaves for whatever...fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 5
  8. Nice mainah! No one ever does a proper side by side so this will be interesting to see how the defol affects the final product. :thumbsup:

Smoothies huh? That’s a good idea I should try it with the trimming I get from my mother plants which I have to keep hacking to keep small. Do you have to use a juicer for that though or can you just blend it with say an immersion stick?

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks Scooby. I was thinking a side by side might be beneficial for future reference. If it pans out I’ll try it again but I don’t think I’ll be doing a full crop defol anytime soon. It’ll be fun regardless.
    Actually I recently bought a factory refurbished Vitamix and I’m loving it. The blender we had wouldn’t make smoothies like this. I just toss the leaves right in along with everything else and it comes out completely smooth. I’m trying to add a green smoothie on most days and I’m definitely getting a big energy boost when I do. A quart of it holds a lot of nutrients. I have no intention of living on them though, I believe we need to chew most of our food well and a smoothie is like a natural super vitamin.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Three weeks today since the flip and everyone seems happy. It’s amazing how much difference there is between the CBD Therapy plants. They all have longer node spacing than the SD’s, but one in particular has really stretched, and the other two are much shorter. This picture shows the difference. They’re both CBD Therapy.
    CF86056D-1025-4AD7-939D-B28E6E18DC02.jpeg
    And here is a shot of one SD cola.
    C93E16D4-7755-49E8-951B-ED759E65A351.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Sorry just chimed in your feed. Hurricane by chance? Good looking grow btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks bear! Yeah, it was the tail end of a hurricane. The whole northeast got hit pretty hard with power outages for a week or so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Four weeks down and things are going well so far with one minor exception. The long lanky CBD Therapy is yellowing out already from the bottom up, and has the smallest sized buds. I took a chance and gave her some high N guano tea to see if that helps. It’s kinda surprising if it does since the pots are all the same. I’m thinking it’s the plant and a few more weeks will tell. Otherwise the buds are getting fatter...
    Here’s ole yeller...
    4970C9AA-DA92-4FBB-AB6D-2758A9EE7B51.jpeg
    An SD...
    1C3B16DE-D1ED-4866-A23B-91FEB4FC6A1E.jpeg
    And a group shot...I’m just starting to see a little color here and there in the buds.
    F9FAADB1-A270-4CE0-9BAD-B8D5CA542538.jpeg
    Hope you’re all having a good Monday!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. looking pretty sweet @mainah :thumbsup:

been a little under the weather but im starting to get over it:toke:

day 18
    the GT clones were not looking super happy in the 1gallon pots so i transplanted them today into the no-till. also noticed the wood chips that i had as mulch have pretty much disappeared by now so i added a nice thick layer of dry leaves i have been collecting.
    IMG_2233.jpg IMG_2234.jpg IMG_2235.jpg IMG_2236.jpg IMG_2237.jpg
    oh yeah and i just tossed the #4 clone, as again it has not started producing pistils and i just figured its not worth dealing with it.

the Dutch Delights are looking good and im gonna take a couple cuts. if it looks like there is some room in the no-till i might add them next to the GT's.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Sorry to hear that you’ve been under the weather. I thought you were being pretty quiet lately. Hope you’re feeling better soon!

Isn’t that cool how mulch just disappears like that? We end up smoking it eventually :love-m3j:

The little ladies are looking good so far. I bet they’ll love the upgrade and take off like crazy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. thanks brother, im just getting over some bug, antibiotics etc...but im almost over it now.

i am completely amazed that the wood chips are almost gone now, i would have thought it would take years, well actually i think it has been over a year but still. i think the huge pill bug population must have helped with that!

i think my mistake with the clones was transplanting into the 1gallon and immediately put them under 12/12. i should have given them at least 2-3 days to recoup and perhaps a few more days just to establish some roots. i hardly saw any roots when i took them out of the pots this morning.
    next time i will plop them in pint sized nursery pots for a week of veg before flipping the lights. the goal is to let them grow more roots but not let them have too much soil so they dont grow too big during stretch.

yep these sativas sure are schooling me :D

have a great one!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Speaking of pill bugs. I keep finding them in my buds. Never found a live one, but my last few chops I've found a few dead one's stuck to the buds. What gives? Glad to see ya with something back in the big bed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. i found a few bodies as well in my recent harvest, idk maybe something in the resin attracted them, or maybe they just got lost? was just a few random buds so i didnt really worry about it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Here’s the clones I took back on 11/9. The 2 in the middle are rooted and the others are still working on it after 5 weeks.
    466934B5-5BC3-4D59-872D-B4F8C00A126A.jpeg
    They’ve been on a heated mat with a small fluorescent tube on 24/7. I used a dome for the first week, and I just shut the heat off to harden them up a little. I stuck them in compost so no feed necessary for quite awhile.

• Like Like x 5
  20. A little update on the defoliation experiment. It’s early, but I’m not seeing a big difference. The other thing is, these are all separate plants from seed, not clones, which would be a much better way to do it imho. But anyway, here are all three. Notice how light green one is compared to the other two. That one is also not as bud heavy as the others.
    Here’s the defoliated one... F5A7A30B-CD83-45FA-ACD5-518DBC58045E.jpeg
    The best looking one...
    DF2D897C-5F2F-4C9F-AD70-4446B452E793.jpeg
    And the light green one...
    48059B29-6F08-4DBD-A6F6-E3255EAEE7B9.jpeg
    Both the lighter one and the defoliated one have some twisted leaves but the other one doesn’t. It’ll be interesting to see if there’s any difference in the smell or the high.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1