Scientists Successfully Teach Gorilla It Will Die Someday

Discussion in 'General' started by DDV, Jan 9, 2013.

1. :laughing:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJkWS4t4l0k]Scientists Successfully Teach Gorilla It Will Die Someday - YouTube[/ame]

2. Controversial 'New Yorker' cartoon hints at the existence of poor people.

Lol :D

3. Well that's depressing

4. I love The Onion.

5. Reinforcing the inevitable death... Lol

6. Dude: "You will both die."
    Bunnies thinking "What the fuck is this guy smoking?"

7. So they rustled his jimmies..

8. The Onion always delivers..funny as fuck.

9. Rise of the Fall of an Ape

10. If I'm not mistaken, there are some other primates (besides us) who mourn their dead. Elephants do it to in a really sophisticated way.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcJPaHFbsc0]Chimpanzee mother learns about her dead infant - YouTube[/ame]

12. Yeah, I've heard they refuse to leave the dead body aand they also refuse to eat.

13. Lmao wow when you actually think about all the various research projects, and how they are conducted it seems like a waste of time.

But it is needed

14. Trying to piece together the riddle of consciousness is never a waste of time.

If other animals, besides us, mourn their dead, that's a major clue in the development of higher functioning consciousnesses like we have. Mourning the dead requires the capacity for self-reflection through ego modalities, something we have long thought other animals don't possess.

15. Yup, and elephants make regularly pilgrimages to the sites of their dead.

Shit is fascinating.

16. Fuck yea nature and nature like drugs and sex sooooooo yea

17. I was in school for over 4 hours today, and the only new thing I learned came from GC..:rolleyes:

18. Haha and unfortunately it came from somebody who is having a hell of a time typing proper, grammatically correct sentences today.

Yay American education