Scientists say the eye "sees" everything "upside down" and the brain "corrects"......

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Gonjaninjitsu, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Well the vestibular system has to do with equilibrium so that would be more or less a tuning fork in action or in stand still while viewing an image of a tuning fork in vibration or in stand still, as if meditating on a object and observing yourself through that object. That is some really trippy shit

2. Aha, I believe I see your point more clearly now. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe what you're saying is WHY does our brain correct the image so it's right side up (not sideways or any other orientation). I'd yet again just have to refer to that optical illusions video I posted. I obviously have no idea, and find the brain to be the most fascinating thing I've ever observed.

Yet what I can do is roll a spliff and enjoy a TED talk on Optical Illusions.

Perhaps the one most frustrating thing about weed is that I feel it has allowed me to think so much about the brain and how it works. Yet all of those thoughts and branches of logic would be so difficult to communicate, that I'm almost overly-inspired to write my own "Forever Alone" comic. lol

3. i hope you meant to confuse me because i have no idea what any of that is meant to mean

4. To sum it up he's basically saying;

When someone mistakenly looks outward to find things within; one should be concerned about their approach.

I think..

5. That would be a lot more intelligible way of sharing that knowledge. Of course, it wasn't much of an answer if that's true.

6. Pretty much. Those that use external sources to define themselves should be very careful because thats how they begin to limit themselves, say a person who relates his brain to a computer. Yea sure you can feel you can knock calculations out of a ball park but when you make such comparisons you limit yourself to the functions and capabilities of a computer. You feel what I'm saying?

7. Another satori for y'all

"Imagine your brain as the roots of a tree."