Scientists find the THC gene

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Saint Dogg, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Uh, we already have non-psychoactive varieties of hemp... we don't need to gen-eng them into existence because nature did it for us.

[​IMG]

2. I personally don't want weed that's been fucked around with genetically by some scientists trying to make it 'suitable' or some bullshit.

Weed is naturally grown - let it stay that way :rolleyes: Why must everything be fucked with?

3. I see what your saying ....BUT you gotta think about the possibilities

Think how unstoppable the weed movement would be if some nice scientist decided to splice those genes unto say...a dandelion weed. Now dandelions weeds are a weed they'll have a hard time getting rid of...haha
    just a daydream i had

4. just keep the seeds growin and don't buy form them haha stealin ma profit foos

5. Doesn't hemp still have some THC in it though albeit too small to be worth smoking? If so, the genetically altered hemp plant would be legal to grow without changing the laws since it's this miniscule amount of THC that prevents such growing

6. They probably do, but seriously... if the laws are such that even having a tiny amount so minute that nobody could get high from it is illegal, then the laws themselves should be changed.

7. Hemp as such little THC its a waste of time to smoke and it'll give you a bad headache. The THC gene lasted this long because its a important trait for survival, it didnt evolve to this point so it can get people high. Fucking with it isn't going to be beneficial to the plant

8. also authorities have problems telling the difference between hemp and marijuana and they don't want to go thc testing every plant so they outlaw it all