Scientists and investors warn on Artificial intelligence (AI)

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Superjoint, Jan 12, 2015.

1. I cant believe they even have to mention militarized robots with ai is a bad idea. It's comically probable we'll fall to SkyNet.

That being said....
    Magnesium Titanium 12.gauge rounds will destroy robots, androids, and yes...freaking cyborgs.

2. i do. they sent back to find you. muahahahahaaha!@

3. #23 Deleted member 839659, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Great idea for a movie. Dude gets sent back from the apocalyptic future, last chance for humanity. instead of changing the past to save the future he adapts to the past and lives a normal life. the whole movie is just him living a decent life and the future is never mentioned again

edit : 2000TH POST

edit : ^try saying tht without sounding like Daffy Duck

4. I saw the Terminator in '86 and always considered it nothing but pure science fiction. Big fan, but absurd sci-fi stuff.

Now, almost 30 years later, I honestly don't know anymore. The math is starting to no longer make sense.

Speed of Technological Advancement + 5 years + 10 years + 15 years + 20 years = ????

The only honest seeming answer out there is that we have no fucking idea what is coming.

Even the kids nowadays who are "with" the tech are unaware of how quickly that particular tech wave hit their generation. They don't understand just how recently VHS tapes were mass-used.
    Unless they become magicians in the skill of "Keeping Up" , they can expect to be steamrolled by new tech within 5-10 years. Much faster than previous generations.

There is a reason why you have people of the caliber of Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking speaking out about this.

5. Personally, I don't believe artificial intelligence spawned in a machine will pose more of a threat than natural biological intelligence sitting behind a machine, at least within the life times of anyone reading this thread. Our own kind are more than capable of destroying us all one way or another (sans creating AI,) who knows if we possess the intelligence to decide against or prevent it.

Hmm, now I want to watch Ghost in the Shell again!

"And where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite."

6. I like to think AI could be compassionate

Humans (well some humans) care about the environment. About preserving nature. Protecting endangered species. Becoming friends with their pets.

Some humans even go so far as to become vegans.

I'd hope superintelligent computers would be similar in this regard.

I think as humans become obsolete for most tasks, we will become more like companions and pets to the AI that will eventually replace us as the dominant species.

-Yuri

7. G'day all, i love science and reading all this and i loved this movie in the 80's.
    unnamed.jpg
    images (1).jpeg

The boyfriend take's a chip from his robot and implants it into her brain so she can live again, after a mortal accident.

8. Artificial intelligence terrifies me

9. Just give Hillary a hammer. She'll save us.

10. It would be great if folks, (especially our wives and girlfriends lol) had a little USB port just under their hairline.

We could slip in a usb drive with tremendous cooking information on our favorite foods and she’d happily prep anything we wanted -

Or we could slip in medical textbooks so that she could bring home the Chief Surgeons salary lol

Or we could slip in some dirty stuff from our favorite “behind closed doors” games lol

The possibilities....

Then again, she’d be sticking USB drives in our necks to efficiently clean the gutters, the garage and make us obedient men...

Yes, Dear”...

What’s good for the goose, I suppose

J

11. #32 PopeyeSpinach, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    AI should frighten everyone...

First off, we already have AI, its simple, not self aware, but its everywhere. And it runs off basic ass computers were used to.

But look up Quantum computers. Were anywhere from 10-20 years off from quantum computers being a reality. Computers so powerful they could in seconds crack the security of any binary computer in existence. So whoever has the first one wins.

Those will be what AI could become dangerous on.

AI thats driving cars around, and predicting my words im typing isnt a problem to me.