Scientist claim "God Particle" exists

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Dec 13, 2011.

1. #1 Vicious, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2011
    CERN does it again, in September they claimed they broke the speed of light, now they are claiming the Higgs boson or "God Particle" does exists. It's a particle that would have only existed moments after the big bang. If you remember people spooking about the LHC and possibly creating black holes, this is the result of that experiment.

We're living in an interesting time people. Science is building a Tower of Babel and we're getting closer to the origin. This is making want to change my major to physics even more.

Higgs boson and what it means for technology - The Washington Post
    Higgs boson: scientists reveal first tantalising glimpses of 'God Particle' - Telegraph
    CERN scientists 'break the speed of light' - Telegraph

2. This shit is amazing, but scary as hell too.
    The things our scientists are doing are quite frightening when you think that they have absolutely no idea what they are doing or what the results might be.

3. It's worth it.

4. It might be...but it also might be the start of a new Planet of the Apes or a 28 Days Later situation...because they don't know.

That being said, I'm all for scientific research...I just wish they'd do the scary dangerous stuff on the moon.

5. Thanks for posting the articles, very interesting stuff.

One clarification though, the particles theoretically exist all around us right now, not exclusively during the big bang.

6. I was hoping someone here would be able to explain it, I don't really understand it all yet.

7. Can't wait till they finally figure this out for sure

I'm tired of listening to creationists...

8. They never said it didn't exist, that is where you lose me :laughing:

9. Am I the only one who has been following the god particle for years now? lol. I feel like an old school tripper

10. I'm a physics major now...
    I'll probably switch soon..
    It's way too hard