Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scientific Explaination Of Why Your Face Gets Red After A Huge Hit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Sep 2, 2014.

1. #1 LovingTree, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Can anyone give me a scientific explaination of why your face gets really red after taking the first toke of the session / a big hit?

Also, that 'rush' feeling you sometimes get in your head, arms, and occassionaly legs and toes/feet. What causes that, just lack of oxygen?

2. to the second question, that usually happens when you get up too quickly / a headrush

3. The second one often happens even when sober. Typically has to do with dehydration and when you get up you get those feelings + your sight gets all fucked up for a few seconds. I remember this happened once in 5th grade and I thought I was going blind and I freaked out and some kid had to bring me to the nurse. Looking back on it It's hilarious.

4. Capillaries I'd presume. MJ is a bronchodilator, correct me if I'm wrong, but it could easily be assumed that it also functions to some extent as a vasodilator, opening up your capillaries and allowing more blood flow. Also your heart rate increases slightly adding to it. Hence the rosy complexion. Why the rush? Probably your perception of blood pressure change.
    All of the above is conjecture.

5. High blood pressure.

Cutting off oxygen to your brain causes the blood to build up in your face.

Tie a rubber band around your finger, same concept.

6. I'm nothing close to a scientist so I couldn't tell you but I have never seen anything like that, you should contact a doctor man.

->I smoke weed<-