science?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by PorkSoda, Jul 13, 2005.

1. ok.. super stoned.. not sure this will make sense

my questin is.. how can science prove anything regarding our creation(the creation of the universe)

how is everything the way it is? how did it become that way? if you go with the big bang then

where did building blocks originate..

what is space?

how large is the universe?

a dog or any other animal doesn't have the intellect to understand anything beyond its world( the modern world, technology,) we dont have the intellect to understand anything beyond ours..

hoep i made sense

2. Science cant prove anything.

'Science is an organized system of ignorance'.
    (i'm speaking of the physical sciences)

3. As said, science can't prove anything.

It can though explain a whole lott'a stuff. Like simple things that the Earth revolves around the Sun, and the Moon revolves around the Earth. And the relations they have. Something religion cannot explain or model in accordance with known fact.

That is, unless you accept "Goddidit!" ofcourse. But you have to be a bit dilutional to accept the religious supostitions rather than the scientific facts. But hey, people are sometimes much, very much, less than rational...

4. when you think of it, we think that because we're the same species, and the smartest of the entire planet. we are capable of so much yet even we see our limits. makes you kinda wonder if there's something out there that's smarter than you, but you can't see them cuz they're smarter and they keep it that way.

5. I had a talk like this in science class a couple years back, I was ripped but ill type what i can remember.

The universe is infinate, there is no up or down, you can go in any direction and end up in teh same spot you left in, like on earth but you can go anyway left, right, forward, backward, up, down and always return to the spot you left. space is the same as universe (if i remember correctly) or maybe a universe is in space? I cant remember anyway one is infinate and the other is inside of it and there are many others inside the infinite one. Im too ripped to go on and I think Im rambeling

6. I honestly suggest you guys read "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene, it's an amazing book. Changed the way I looked at everything. It's all about string theory and relativity and it explains a lot a lot a lot of stuff.

7. when you take a question like this about the universe views can get easily conflicted which is a key reason that there is no definitive public answer(s) to your question it's all just thousands of theories and the reason they are so dif is because of religon i watched a video on the different views that certain scientists have on the universe and there are some who believe that to question it is wron and sec-religous tyhere are also people who belive that there is no boundaries to the universe and some who believe you could hear the echo of the big bang from the "walls" of the universe then there are those who belive that the universe is only as big as each individuals mind will allow it to be because in the womb a babies universe is the small space that it knows then upon birth it's universe grows more and as your brain grows as does the universe i just realized that none of this is an answer to your question in my opinion i don't belive science can explain the universe at this time i'm also not sure if they will ever be able to i beliver that there are things that we (human race) will never know the answer to i belive that is one of those things i just belive something that large is simply beyond our mental cappacity. just a crazy thought imagine the universe everthing we can and can't understand life of every species and all that exists all coming together to add up to a galaxy in some other monsterous universe btw i'm really blazed