Science vs religion?

Discussion in 'General' started by MyBusDriverYells, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Think about it (religion) if I were to write a story about something and explained the to a friend and told that friend to tell another friend within a week and kept the cycle going, how long before the full story is completely changed? In class some years ago we did an experiment where the first person creates a secret and passes it on till the last person reaches it. The story was almost completely changed at the end of it all.

Who is to say the bible and everything in it is completely accurate from the end of its writing to today? I know stuff was added but bear with me on this idea.

And science, well. I think that is self explanitory.

Sent from the void.

2. No. Not again!  :eek:

3. ?

Sent from the void.

4. All I'm going to say, is that if you govt I the Science and Nature subfirum and looks around for a few minutes.. You will see several of these threads that make excellent points in their arguments. Interesting thought about how stories, records, and other things get changed and twisted over time. Perhaps not so much as a rumor slung around a school, but time clouds much from us.

5. Yeaaaa. But no not really. Sent from my LG-VS700 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Boson-H, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    this is a counter culture forum.  i think most people on here support the scientific view more than religious zealot view.   nothing to argue here lol

edit: damn, high as fuck and reflecting back on this post, it kind of contradicts itself. right? or am i stoned n tripp'n?

7. Somewhat. But either way it will. Counter culture I'm sure is whatever it wants to be. Lol.

Sent from the void.

8. #8 8ight, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Religion and science can/should work together. 

9. thats what i was thinking, just didnt have a great example or a picture ha!

Because the bible says that nobody can change any words or else god will smite them (or something like that)...... because the bible says so. :bongin:

11. \t“Science and religion are not at odds. Science is simply too young to understand.”

12. #12 Kuollut, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    Many ancient stories from different cultures are similar. One common story is the great flood.

As for the bible, it may have been switched around and changed as it was passed on, but the legitimacy of the stories are not the point in my opinion. I think the moral is what the writers wanted the audience to walk away with.

When it comes to religion vs science, I think they can co exist. More so spirituality and a creator, than any particular religion. Remember much of science is based on theory, especially outer space. Not saying that these theories are wrong, just pointing out there is A LOT we don't know.

13. Science explains what religion can't, and religion explains what science can't.

14. Science is open to change if the evidence points in another direction. Religion is the exact opposite.

My two cents

15. "Great" floods are a common occurrence. When you don't have knowledge of other civilizations miles away, it can seem as though the whole world flooded.