SCIENCE VS RELIGION! Bring your best argument.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by mountainghost, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Now i think thats a little unfair

If it needs a closing, it will happen

2. You should have your powers revoked immediately

3. I sorta believe in both.

4. #24 DBV, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    Stop envisioning "god" as a deity and look in front of you. That beautiful image is god and we all get to experience it. More or less, nature is our creator and "higher power".

It is your connection to this entire natural process (reality) that allows you to live. "Allah" to me basically means all; existence.

5. There's a topic on this already, it was closed, the same thing will eventually happen to this one when it turns bad. But i understand letting the debate go on for a little while wont kill anyone. :p

6. No need to get defensive.

7. What, nah man i'm not getting defensive, the thing that sucks about not actually talking to people is you don't know the tone of voice they would use, ot there body language or there true point, you never know if there being sarcastic either.

I'm not getting defensive at all, sorry if i came across that way :confused::p

8. They need to develop fonts for things like this

I wonder what the sarcasm font would look like...

9. Science and spirituality are the same thing.

10. People sometime's just put "" around there sarcastic sentence, i really don't know why :confused: i think it should be italic or something, but again that's still similar to the quote thing. :smoke:

11. Probably Comic Sans MS

12. For starters I'm gonna substitute spirituality for religion.
    Science has brought us things like medicine. Spirituality has defied what we thought was possible.

I'm gonna have to go with science for it's practical application for a far larger amount of people although I will admit that I think a lot of the work done in the name of science is utterly useless. Why in the hell do we need to know the mating patterns of dolphins or whatever?:confused:

Spirituality is a lot more interesting to me though. Buddhists setting themselves on fire and not feeling an ounce of pain. That one monk who only survives on hardly any nutrients etc

To me Spirituality is about possibilities and science is about observing stuff that already happened and often times limitations.

To view the world through the eyes of a scientist seems foolish to me because we don't even know the bigger picture and there's a lot of stuff that our science isn't capable of grasping.

13. I believe that faith in God is the answer.
    That's just me. (Not pushing my beliefs)

I've had moments when I've hit rock bottom. Science and facts didn't help me through it, but my faith that God has everlasting love for me did. And still does today.

I've had moments in my life where I've prayed and been reliant on God and I've felt so much joy and content. God makes me feel better than any high I've ever had off of any drug.

God is real in my life. And I feel like I can do all things with a Father loving through everything I've done wrong. God loves you more than you can comprehend.

Science and facts are just facts and science. They bring no joy to my life. I feel no love from a big-bang theory.

I feel love from God. Which is why I live by faith, not by science.

14. Who gives a fuck anymore? neither one is right. Let people believe what they want where they want but you can't deny facts and laws.

God and religion is just a mental crutch for people to lean on in times of need where they needs they have exceed what they think they can handle so they hand it over to a higher power that can force them to do it the incredible where it's really just them doing it in reality. Same with science some stand on facts and laws alone and feel secure in the soliditiy of science.

15. #35 coalman23, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    I strongly disagree.

Please, feel free to drink the haterade, but your argument seems incredibly irrelevant.

16. Science vs religion is stupid, only idiots partake in this argument. Theyre both totally different things.

17. But they both involve a key ingredient: the objective reality and our connections to it.

18. Theyre really not in competition with eachother.

Science vs. Religion? this doesnt sound silly to you?

19. True. Hahaha.

20. Well then would you care to explain why? i'm not talking about the abstract sides of religion n such i'm stating a fact people need a higher power to help them through life whey do you think AA slips in christianity? because it helps people overcome things people feel alot better when the ecisions in life are out of their hands.