Science is beautiful.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by The Crafter, Jan 7, 2012.

1. So today I was toking inside our spa thing. It's just a big thin-walled structure with a ring of windows all along it. The outside air temperature is around 45 but inside its closer to 80 due to the sun. I was just having a few quick tokes on the bench by the wall with the sun beating down. The air is completely stagnant in here, I blow my smoke out very smoothly and watch as it just sits there drifting every so slowly to the closed windows.

The smoke nears the wall and something amazing happens, it shoots upwards in a very distinct fashion. I sit there in awe and watch as one of the most basic principles I was taught at a young age is put on display right in front of me. You may think that hot air moving upward is boring but it just blew me away. I was in awe thinking how beautiful science is.

2. #2 Liquidtruth, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cd36WJ79z4]Symphony of Science - The Poetry of Reality (An Anthem for Science) - YouTube[/ame]

YAY Science! :)

It is interesting how simple things become amazing simply because what is happening is understood.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDJdHPykEA]Zinc Oxide - YouTube[/ame]

4. That was hilarious Tizzy.

5. What has science ever done for me, HUH???

6. Everything.

7. Science is a tool that provide us with the closest observation of absolute reality.

How could you not love it?

8. [​IMG]

9. For me, noticing reality organising itself in a synchronicitous way, in harmony with the vibrational energy that's put out, is an example of what might be termed higher physics in action. It's still science even if only a few scientists are investigating it at this time. And still follows scientific principles that are observable and repeatable.

One day higher physics will be just as common place as current physics is today.