Scibbys Budget Micro Grow CFL

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Scibby, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Hello fellow GC members. This is my first grow journal and my 2nd attempt at growing. I am very new too all of this But i have been a follower and adivd reader of this site for a few years now, so i have picked up the basic concepts along the way. This is my first micro grow and i am using auto flowering seeds. The strain is called TOP 69. I will also start more plants along the way.

Now for the set-up:
    i used an old dresser i had in my basement for my box. Its about 2' tall and about 1' wide.

The lining is from a car windshield deflector i found laying around.

I rigged up a light hanger from materials found, and bought some light set-up from a hardware store.

I am running 4 CFL lights all rated for about 100W of light.

I have no temp/humidty guage...yet

Soil is miracel grow with a pete moss mix. Ratio is about half and half.

Nutes are some basic tomatoe feed.

Light cycle is currently 9-15

One seed is auto flower, other is a white domina strain

Currently on day 8 of the grow.

Also running one 80mm exhuast fan
    and one 120mm intake fan

Questions:
    How are things looking?
    Any suggestions with light set-up?
    Light cycle ok?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I think you need a little more research bud... I'm not sure 9/15 is good for the plants at any point in it's life, def needs more light and looks like they are stretching as well... Miracle grow isn't that great and I'm not quite sure what that white stuff is lol

3. Changed over to 18-6 plant seemed to stretch a bit. white stuff was just dry soil bits everything seems to be going OK

4. MY white domina plant did not seem to be growing at all. got rid of it. Now germinating my second top 69 seed on day 3 of germination. Other plant is doin great with 2nd set of fan leave begining to show and grow.

Questions:

My current soil mix is about 60% soil to 40% pete moss....for starting the plant should i use strictly a pete moss to help root development until i transfer to a bigger pot?