Schplakken Grows #2

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Schplakken, Jun 2, 2016.

1. How many modes at flip? 6?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Prolly more like 3. They don't get very big in 14 days! Haa!

3. You do that for limited ht? Or to minimize total time?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kind of both. Mainly for time, I guess. 3 weeks is ideal veg time for me really, the blueberry just happened to be a week behind the others so they got flipped too. Worked out pretty well. My plants always grow tall, no matter what dirt, lights or feed. I don't know why. I wish I could grow some badass mainlines like yours, but when I try they just stretch out anyway. DSCN6736.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. You have a light meter of any kind?

Two possibilities off top of my head, too little intensity or too much far red. Given your experience and lights, prob not intensity, but i’d check anyway....

Flowering intensity 600-1000 ppfd

If it’s not intensity, you could add some red and deep red to offset impact of excess far red...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't have a light meter. Maybe I should get a cheap one. You're prolly right about the spectrum not being red enough. I can put a little Mars led panel in there next time. They're kind of pink and have worked pretty good in the past. Also, I want to build a nice dwc system like yours but I'm too lazy! Haa!

7. Bro DWC is easy-peasy to build! Especially single-bucket setups. Hell, you can get them prefab if you're particularly lazy hahaha

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mars might do it, try it...get a lux meter, it’ll do in a pinch, won’t give you spectrum but lumens can be converted to approximate ppfd, you should contact your light maket to get conversion factor; my fancy dwc is a bucket w/ two medium airstones and a cheap aquarium air pump, but to do dwc well you also need a reliable pH, ec/ppm meter, and waterproof temp guage/thermometer (the costly parts).

• Like Like x 1
  9. Or you can do rdwc, like steak; hook all the buckets to a single external (to tent) reservoir for max laziness (with downside that all buckets have same pH and nute levels)....actually check out steaks sweet setup on supercloset secret society thread...he’s really not a lazy guy...or so i want to believe...lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. I've seen a couple of prefab systems that I like so maybe I'll try a 6-5gal bucket system because you guys that use them have amazing results!

• Like Like x 1
  11. The beauties that you and Steak grow in them is inspirational!

• Like Like x 2
  12. you might also want to check out @Soil2Coco ‘s new thread for beginners in coir...sort of in between soil and dwc

• Like Like x 2
  13. There’s a little learning curve with managing pH, water temp, and nutes; but if i can do it anyone else who takes it serious can do it....

You might consider asking questions on the supercloset thread, where there is a mix of newbs and people farther along...helps everyone

• Like Like x 2
  14. I've been growing in hempy buckets and fiber pots for almost 3 years. SoCo is a good guy!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Schplak is already up in my journal on the regular. (You should drop in too, bro - I update there more frequently than SSS these days)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lux Meter - I went the cheapo route and bought this guy. Useless for blurple lights but great for QBs/COBs/HPS/Halides. $20 and gives me just enough info to make good choices on lamp height. (I will admit I am jelly over Or_Gro's crazy-ass spectrum meter though) 20181017_162217.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I actually bought 6- 5 gallon totes and thought about setting up a dwc for my new cycle. I talked myself out of it, it’s just too much work for me. I like my lazy DTW approach, gives me more time to play and think about what I’m going to spend money on next. Someday when I can devote the time and commit to not leaving town during a grow I may try again.

You can’t dent the results of dwc though

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blueberry gonna change colors in 2 weeks. Buds will swell. And then! Whack! Hanging in a closet. Haa! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. It was blueberry juice on my fingers when I checked the buds. I spread out he buds on the sides of the colas so they don't rot in the middle. Tonight the smell on my fingers was fresh blueberries. Not a similar scent, real blueberries. They're gonna turn colors! Purple girls. Orange lighter! Haa! DSCN7761.JPG DSCN7756.JPG DSCN7755.JPG DSCN7758.JPG DSCN7754.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  20. Just insane. I can't believe that's possible indoors.
    On a related note to a past convo we had, I found a mature seed in some "top shelf" "green crack" hemp since we can only get hemp where I'm at. If I grew this, what's the chance of it being a Hemp form of green crack? Or is it all bs?

• Like Like x 1