Schools, keeping kids safe

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by amsterdamage, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Schools, keeping kids safe.
    '"This isn't encouraging kids to have sex. This is about the kids who are engaging in sexually activity," Richard Veilleux said.'

Ok, so if middle schools can provide birth control to keep their kids safe without it being considered as "encouraging kids to have sex"
    then why can't high schools and colleges provide vapes and herb to their students to keep them safe without it being considered as
    "encouraging kids to smoke marijuana"? I don't see the difference.

:confused::confused::confused:

2. Sex isn't illegal, marijuana is...

3. yea, I see what you mean, kind of strange that it's legal for eleven year olds to have sex but it's not legal for fifty year old business professionals to vape some bud in the privacy of their own home. Both should be public health issues, not criminal issues.

think I'm going to have to write some letters... :mad:

4. Thats a valid point. But don't get sex made illegal too! hahaha

5. Yah... please don't because then they will go for masturbation next and then I will be out of luck :(

Just kidding :D

6. No. nonononononononono. That is ridiculous. Schools should NOT be giving birth control to MIDDLE SCHOOLERS.

That is ENTIRELY the parents decision until the kid is 16.

This upsets me.

7. I personally think that middle school aged kids should not be having sex, but there is the reality that they oftentimes do, at the very least they should be provided wiht accurate information about sex, pregnancy, STD's and birth control so that hopefully they will make informed decisions about sex if they decide to do it.

8. I actually think its a good idea to promote safe sex rather than abstinence. Its been my personal experience that when no sex is crammed down your throat all the time, your a little more curious to experiment.

9. Abstinence only education is bullshit but I highly disagree with giving brith control to middle schoolers.

Those plls can be bad for people that are older! I know a girl who can't spend too much time in direct sunlight because it will get her sick because of her pill.

10. I was having lots of sex when I was in middle school.

11. I personally think a lot of parents should look into that birth control implant, that works for 5 or so years. Get it when they are 13, by the time they are 18 and an adult they can decide if they want kids.

Hell, if I ever have a daughter I'd be thinking about it. Don't need no unexpected grandkids while I'm supporting her. :p

12. My biggest problem is the fact that your messing with a kids hormones at a crucial point on their lives. If the doctor recommends it because the period schedules are screwy then I'm for it.

It's a matter between the Girl, her parents, and the Doctor, not the schools.

Now that I think of it, why not condoms instead?

13. ^^^^^^^^
    Most women I know went on Birth Control around 13 any way. So your obviously not jacking the hormones to bad

14. There are several problems with condoms. First, it definitely doesn't feel as good as without. I know tons of kids who have condoms but refuse to use them because to them it is so much harder to get off. Second, inconvenience. It sucks when you are about to do it and you have to put a condom on. Third, condoms become expensive and you always have to make sure you pick them up before you are about to do it. Fourth, those fuckers can break pretty easy.

I am against the school doing that. Giving birth control to kids should be between the parent, kid, and doctor. If I were to have a daughter, I would put her on birth control at a certain age. Not because I am telling her it's alright to have sex but to make sure I don't get screwed over when she decides to have sex.

15. ^^^
    Safe sex shouldnt be a pain in the ass. Granted you lose alittle feel with a rubber, but at least your not having children before your ready, and your not catching something really bad.

When it comes to birth control I completely support all forms. Once someone gets pregnant its the child that will suffer if the parent isnt ready.

16. I agree with you that sex shouldn't be a pain in the ass but reality says it is. Those are A LOT of the problems kids face when using condoms. When kids don't have sex with a condom when they have a condom with them then they probably aren't thinking about having a kid. At least with the pill they would be protected but really wouldn't do anything different.

I just recently broke up with my girlfriend (over pot). We had sex a lot and she was never on birth control but I always used a condom. Sadly, most kids aren't like me.

17. That's yet to be seen, With so many girls on the pill so young I'm worried that in the next 10-20 years there is going to be a large rise in the amount of ovarian cancer.

Some people are so dumb. So what if you loose some sensation, it's alot better then herpes. (This was not an attack on you, it is an attack on those people who don't use condoms.)

18. Hey man, I totally agree. There were a lot of times where my girlfriend wanted to have sex without a condom because it felt better. I stood my ground and told her no because I didn't want to have a kid. Look where I am at today? No kid! :D

19. kids are so dumb, use a fuckin condom! Have you seen real pictures of STDs? Look at some and then tell me a condom is a pain in the ass.

20. They should make kids more aware of std's. Not aids or that you get them your gonna die, but besides being aware of pregnancy when having sex you must be aware that you can get diseases. That will be with you for life, STD's are actually viruses.