Schools are finnally doig thier jobs,,,,

Discussion in 'General' started by TRIXIE--CHICK, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Sometimes you just forget it's in your pocket. I ended up having a pocket knife at school more times than I can count, because I was out at my cabin over the weekend and didn't realize it was still in my pocket when I went back to school the following week.

2. I don't. I like how Bernie mac puts it..

"With a son you only have 1 penis to worry about..with a daughter you have everyones penis to worry about."

3. She had a knif and ciggorits?

4. Maybe it was more b/c of the knife, but I just don't understand the school's logic on this one...she skips class so they boot her out of school for 10 days?! Wouldn't it make more sense to make her go to school for 10 days. I just think ISS would have made more sense...an environment that she will be in school, supervised, and still be in a posisiton to do some school work. Maybe that's just me.

As for punishment, idk...I don't have any kids or anything and my nieces aren't old enough to go to school yet. I know one thing for sure though, War and Peace is a long ass book...if your daughter doesn't like to read, she'll hate it. I would get the abridged version though or else she probably would get much out of it.

5. in school suspension.. i hated that so much.. would MUCH rather be suspended out

6. i thank all of you for yo...ur in put on my prob

7. Attempting to read this thread made my head hurt

8. oh mannn, Tale of Two Cities. that's the worst punishment i can possibly think of. i quit reading that when they spent like a page on describing someone's nostrils. been a long time since i read that, but trust me it was painful. it will be especially painful for a 14 year old. on top of that, make her clean every inch of your house until it is completely spotless.

9. Don't make your kid read a book as a punishment, what sort of message does that send?

The kid isn't going to grow up literate if you equate reading with punishment