School sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by jazzycise, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Someone talk me out of dropping out of school.
    Or push me over the edge!

Just need to hear new voices.

2. High school or college?

3. First year of college

4. what do you hate about it? you can always switch colleges.

5. It's better than some things. Be thankful.

6. Marry a rich man.

7. Feel free to introduce me to some lol

8. Just thought I'd be more into it.
    But I'm just not digging the classes, its like only once every week where i feel like im learning something interesting

9. Perhaps there is something more to learn than just subjects. Stuff like who you are, diligence, that kind of thing.

10. You should take a year off, or at least just take gen eds at a community college if you're currently at a university. Get a job, work, and figure out what you want to do you don't want to be three years into a degree and realize you hate what you're studying.

11. Im semi affluent. What do you look like?

12. Youre only in first year. Probably taking crap core classes. When you get further into your degree and start taking classes that only pertain to your major it gets better. Or maybe you shhould switch to a major your more interested in.

13. do what makes you happy.

14. What would you do if you dropped out? Where would you live? What would you do for money?

15. What are you taking?

16. Here's your options:

Drop out- work at BK or start your own business

Stay in- get a bullshit job (depending on what your going into) and get a job that pays you decent, however you now have loans which will take the next 24 years to pay off at minimum payments. If you go into the medical field but do not become a doctor, prepare to live like a college person (eating ramen noodles with roommates) for the next ten years.

The choice is yours.

17. Or marry a rich man...

18. Took a few years off school and did lots of different jobs. Back in a classroom i realize i should ride this wave aa long as possible. Its pretty chill in school

19. I'm in biology, love science!

20. Well, what would you do if you drop out?

The "good" classes come later. I'm stuck doing the bullshit classes right now, but I'm sticking with it because I'm paying for the classes out of my own pocket, and because I don't want to work in this factory the rest of my life. It's stupid how many unrelated and insignificant "required" classes you need to take, regardless of your major. For example, why the fuck do I need to study Shakespeare as an engineering major?