School stress ruining my high? D: Help!

Discussion in 'General' started by xbelle, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I haven't been on the forum since school started because of having absolutely no free time; school Monday - Friday, work Saturday - Sunday. I only get a chance to smoke once a week when I spend the night with my boyfriend on Friday night.

Wellll, lately, everytime I smoke I've been unable to enjoy it.

All I can think about is what I need to be getting done, or getting paranoid and questioning things I did the past week ):

It's really annoying because I LOVE to smoke and it use to be a way for me to relax and calm down after a long week.

Any advice? Ugh, what's wrong with me!

2. become a weekend warrior? or smoke only at the end of the day............

3. you need to get your priorities out of the way first if you want to truly enjoy your high.

4. This happened to me, and I thought the solution was to just fuck school. Well, let me tell you, that didnt work. Get all of your long term assignments out of the way. Assign a day after school you can blaze, or on the weekend. I don't know your hours at work, but if you need time to chill, just call off work and have a blaze day. Hope any of this helped.

5. im sure you can fit in 30 min atleast at the end of the day before going to sleep to get high.

do your work all at once instead of breaking.

how could you not have time at the end of the day? you must be doing something other then working if you dont have time

6. I'm super-involved in extra cirriculars; drama club (competitions, rehearsals, plus historian so I have to take pictures of all events)... president of the environmental club (GO GREEN hahaha) etc etc.

I seriously have a minimum of 3 hours of homework each night, and I have some type of meeting almost every day after school until 4 PM. >_<

Sure, I have the OPPROTUNITY to get high... it's just not wonderfully enjoyable. ):

The end of the quarter is Thursday, so we have Friday off. Maybe I can kick back and smoke the day away without worrying about everything.

7. this. this. and more of this.

every time i get off class to smoke, i first go through all my priorities so i have a clear conscious and dont have to worry about that.

makes your high infinitely more enjoyable.

i know exactly what you mean OP, when I go through my wake-and-bake/smoke-all-day stages, i end up having a horrible conscious and need a few days break from weed to get my life back in order.

8. Thanks for all the advice.

Basically this is what I've gathered--

Go through a list of things I have to do, and make sure they're all done before I light-up so I don't need to think about them at all during or afterwards. Sounds pretty simple. I'll try it. :hello:

9. #9 Akens_aus, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
    Get all the important shit done first in your day, then smoke, do little things round the house n listen to music and have time to yourself for a bit or something.

10. It might be worth scaling back a bit on your activities, otherwise you risk burn out.

It seems like you're throwing yourself into constant activity, and it's causing you to neglect activities that you enjoy (like smoking) and you seem to hint it's hindering your relationship (with your boyfriend). I imagine it is hindering other relationships too, if that's the case.

I hope this isn't too bold to suggest, but is there a reason that you have chosen to throw yourself into all these activities so that you're constantly busy? Perhaps your anxiety is caused by something else, an emotional casue/reason you haven't recognized and addressed, and that same anxiety is creating these other problems?

So, prioritize, maybe scale back a bit, and find a way to study and do homework more efficiently. When in college (though it sounds like you're still in HS) I saw many people who would spend hours studying, but they didn't study efficiently or work efficiently. Efficient study skills change everything.

As a brief example, I realized that I did my best studying early in the morning, with classes in the late afternoon. Towards the second half of each semester (when workload picked up), I began going to bed early (8-9pm), waking up, going for a run, ate a good healthy breakfast and started studying and working around 5:30am. I was getting 8 hours sleep a night, regular exercise, I slept well because I wasn't stressing myself (I already decided "I'm doing all my work tomorrow morning, not even going to stress about it now"), and was able to work in the quiet library without anyone around to bother me (since no one was up yet) while watching the sun rise, etc.

Added to all that, I really enjoyed the feeling of control over my life that such a schedule gave me. I was in charge of my schedule, my life, and so on. And that's a VERY empowering feeling. Imagine if you woke up every day and felt totally empowered over your schedule, your work, your time, and so on.

Obviously that schedule isn't for everyone, BUT I recognized what I needed to do my best studying (exercise, sleep, quiet, and a good meal in the morning) and at what time my body and mind study best at. What took me an hour to do in the morning at 6 AM after a shower and a great breakfast might take me 2+ hours at night after a long day.

So, take the time to figure out what times work best for you, what helps you, what you need to succeed, etc. These things can REALLY improve your stress, your mood, and your efficiency.

11. I don't really have that problem, but I can tell you how I handle school and getting baked. I take it about a week at a time, set some goals for every day for things that need to be done, and then try to treat each day seperately. So I have an idea of what I want to be done by the end of the week, and I can get done with my daily goals without having to worry about the rest of the week. The only catch is I have to commit to finishing every day's goals without fail, but the faith that it will get done may be what makes it possible to "end" a day and relax. I tend not to smoke until my day is "complete", so in a way it turns out to be a form of a reward. This sounds like utter common sense to me (it is my life after all), so I'm sorry if it's dumb.

I'm sorry you're having that problem, things really should be the other way around. Maybe you need to find some sick weed that literally makes you stupid.