School? Not today..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kurty, Jan 28, 2009.

1. So I wake up and its snowing so Im like yesssssss no school. So I went into the shower, and started to make plans with friends and stuff (am i the only one that texts in the shower?. When I got out of the shower my mom tells me that I have school today. I looked out the window, and snow is like pouring down like crazy. So I gather my backpack (which is like empty. I looove sr year), and my sack of goodies :)smoke:), and I leave for school. I went to first period were everyone just staired outside with bummed faces, and I was like, you know what... Im going to go on a fucking downtown adventure. So after first period me and a friend just left school and went to my car and I dipped out of the parking lot. We sparked the j, and headed Downtown Portland. We went to everyday music where I got a fucking sick Bob Dylan record for 50 cents!! So me and my friend went to purchase our records (he got a Cat Stevens one) and the guy asked my friend "do you need a bag?" and my friend was like "what? you guys sell bongs!?" and I was like omg dude he said bag, and we all started laughing it was an epic stoner moment.

But the shitty thing is that my school calls everyones house that gets unexcused absences. Its fucking bs because Im going to get caught by my parents and shit but fuck it lol i got the BOB DYLAN GREATEST HITS RECORD haha.

But I'll probly just say that the computers went down in the power outage so the attendence couldnt be submitted into the database.

:smoke::smoke:

And sorry if this doesnt make sense... :smoke:

2. Last high school I went to sent out automated phone calls. Just said your name, grade, and periods absent. If you answer the call and don't provide a note for the absence (as they 'require') they never follow up on it. Also they don't leave messages so I used to just unhook a phone in my house between the time the calls came through and never got caught.

3. seems like a chill day dude

i used to love leavin like that in hs

4. Yeah, the Northeast is supposed to get a ton of snow tomorrow, 6"-12" to be specific

That's on top of an already huge amount we have...guess I'll be putting together a shoveling playlist for my iPod

5. nah it made sense man thats pretty nice I always just wanted to ditch school in the middle of it and spark a jay that would be pretty nice

6. same holmes....im on a t-break so its going to be tough for me when im home alone all day.....shit.

7. Sounds like our schools have the same bs method

"A student in your household named (long ass pause) _______ was absent from (another long pause) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th period on January 27th"

^^fuck that shit.

But wouldnt you have to unhook all of your phones?

8. you guys sell bongs?

hahahahahah thats great. i laughed there good.

9. I always get mad that in some places, even a tiny bit of snow means no school. Being from NY, i think i go to school more with snow on the ground then without. Unless it is below 5 degrees out, or more then 7-8 inches of overnight snow, school is open. Lucky ass people. But hey, im done with school so fuck it.

10. I live in the same area dude Portland is awesome, what town you live in?(Not trying to be weird pm me if you don't want people to know)

11. Just take one reciever off the hook of any phone in your house. No one can make calls though, and will realize that a phone is off the hook, so just pretend it got off there accidentally, although its pretty obvious if you do it every day. Alternatively, if any one out there has dial-up they could boot that up, and just leave their comp on:rolleyes:

12. So you mean just have the dial tone sitting there like beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep? or do I have to unplug the telephone cord in the back?

13. I live in the beav.

And yes. Portland fucking owns.

14. Beaverton thats awesome the fucking hot box is there. I went for the first time stoned the other day, saw the same clerk I saw when I got my bong. Oh and that place where the owners are chill about people smoking.

EDIT: I'm in Hillsburrito

15. shit dude, ive gone to school when it was -20, and -35 with windchill outside in SOUTHERN wisconsin. dont even wanna go north. i seriously cannot imagine the cold of canada. we have school with up to a foot or so of snow, if its during school or the night before continuing on into the morning. i really did have school when it was in the process of dropping 2 feet of snow throughout the day and it never closed. ive also been to schools where if theres a speck of snow on the ground, schools closed. also had a "fog day," tons of "cold days," and who knows how many "snow days." what pissed me off the most were the fucking delays. not cancelled school, not a half day, but starting two hours later than normal, always just short of cancelling school.

16. Nothing happens if you unplug the cord. You gotta have the dial tone. You can mute the sound with a sweater, etc. My phone emmited a long beep after about 5 minutes of leaving it off the hook, so you just need to put it back on the hook, and take it off and wait another 5 min. Don't think I was ever caught this way.

If you do get caught, your parents (this happened a few times) ask you why you were missing. Lie, say you were there and then they made me go around and get all my 4 teachers to sign a paper saying I was in class. I went to my 2nd day class teachers (if I was absent for day 1) and asked them to sign it, saying I was in class last class(so if you go day 1, day 2, 1, 2 I was gone the secound day 1, I asked them to sign it for the first day 2. Parents never bothered going to teacher interviews or knew what classes I had for each day, use this one wisely.

17. Dude the hot box is the best headshop ANYWHERE lol. I think its better than tonys.

18. #18 Kurty, Jan 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009

Oh okay. I just turned the volume down becuase the tone got annoying. Should I bring the phone into my room so I can hang up and redo it every 5 minutes? Beucase im using my garage phone because no one ever uses it anymore.

EDIT: My phone is weird. It like please hang up and try again after I leave it there for 16 seconds. is that supposed to happen? And Im not like wasting minutes or anything by doing this am I? I dont know anything about landlines haha.

19. lol i stayed home from school today too, told my mom i didn't finish a project and i had to do it. Ended up making a homade 3 footer and tokin all day with my 2 boys who skipped. good day.

20. 16 secounds must be the timer set into your phone:( can't help you there. You arn't wasting any money by leaving the reciever off, so idk if you are in the mood for pickin that reciever up every 15 secounds, but you might find somthing that could do that.

Or, this just occured to me, if you know the combination to get into the voicemail messages on your phone you could leave it on one of the settings and you still wouldn't get the call.