School me: First DWC test run issues

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ohspyro89, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Alright, I'm running a bagseed before I attempt one of the more expensive seeds.

I've got a 3.5 gallon RDWC and I'm using GH floragrow and florabloom.

I'm running between 50-100 ppm on the floragrow and my PH is constantly within the 5.4-6.3 range. My reservoir temps were kind of high, but 78 seemed to be the highest. I've got a cooler hooked up now, so it shouldn't be an issue. My temps aren't out of control, they've reached the low 90s at best.

Anyways, what's going on? I've been vegging for about a week and a half since there were visible roots, and my plant looks stupit.

In the end, it's super droopy. No clue why, but it is. Also, I've got some purple stem action going on. Plus, the leaves look deformed and non-marijuana like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. What light are they under? As in wattage, type, distance from plants.....
    If you are using adequate lighting, then I would next look at your cycle. Are you at 18-6 or using a different method?

3. your rockwool looks mega wet.... maybe it was a little early for nutes... PH could be wrong...

your water level should be about a half inch above the bottom of the net cup

how are you growing that...

temps are way too hot... cooler the better

4. floragro and bloom? what about micro? gotta add micro even if using lucas formula add about 5 ml/gal and see what happens growing seedling with hydro is smart they will grow huge leaves very fast but for seedlings u need the water level a little higher so ur plant can access the nutes very important

5. My roots are in the nutrient solution, they have reached that point.

I didn't plan on using micro, but I could if necessary.

I suppose this is why I did a test run!

6. U MUST USE MICRO this is not an option:D micro contains nitrogen plus many other elements necessary for plant growth

u DO NOT have to use floragro this is optional but if u dont use gro then u will develop magnesium issues and will be adding Cal/Mag or another supplement anyway (just use all three)

remember bagseed is only crap because it was allowed to end up crap with a little tlc bagseed will be dank :smoke:

7. Ah. I'll hop down to the hydro store tomorrow and buy the Micro. I have no idea why I didn't ask the dude there what it was for. Or I should have grabbed a 2 part blend.

I need to change the reservoir this weekend, so I'll probably introduce micro during this weekend.