Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

School High and Studying High

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by StillBlazing123, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Basically, I'm just wondering you're opinions on this subject, I realise similar threads have been posted but I want some updated and new input.

Most of the way through secondary school I tried to stay high and it didn't seem to negatively impact my grades at all? Unless I would bunk to get high (which I rarely did).

And next year i'm off to University and I would like you're opinions wether to weed has any effect (negative or positive) on education?

(Also specific types such as heavy Indicas making you sleepy and strong Sativas making you loose focus)

/discuss

2. I've just completed my final university exams (Thank motherfuckin' Jesus) I smoked twice in the 1 month exam period, after my first exam (2 week break before next exam) and then the day I finished, yesterday. Personally it depends on the exam style, I had one essay exam, which I could have studied for high, but the next two were factual multiple choice criminology exams, I had to remember dates, changes to legislations etc, so definitely didn't feel comfortable revising. I've also smoked as a reward and so it wasn't a big issue, I think if you need to withhold a lot of factual information don't smoke, if it's a critical essay or you can afford to go off on a tangent then smoke and study, it may open your mind and make for a more creative essay.

I would advise smoking after lectures, the Quality of work that is required by university is a massive step up from school, I'd hit the ground running sober and smoke in the evenings. It depends on your subject and personality, I just prefer studying/learning sober, and smoking later on once I've got a grasp of the information.

Good luck I'm off to enjoy a month of smoking and doing nothing.

3. Ahh congratulations on finishing man, and yeah I know what you mean thing is I'm either looking into studying psychology or media studies (completely different I know) and weed would most probably help a lot in a subject like media, but probably not so much in physiology (but then again the ability to open my mind might help me understand the concept a lot better). I was more interested in the ability of being high in lectures/lessons and is it still possible to understand as well?

4. Of course! I feel like I'm more motivated to study when I'm high. The trick is to not let it hinder you, when I'm high I can focus better because I'm not bouncing off the walls. I usually only medicate with Indicas.
    It's all preference.

5. I took a math test in 12th grade blazed and I passed with like a 90 something.
    I specifically remember this because I didn't understand the subject we were studying at all and I guess the weed helped me understand and work out the problems? I dunno I was the last one done with the test though and I'm pretty sure my teacher knew I was high.

6. weed helps me a lot more if I'm bullshitting an essay or doing something that i don't know what the stuff the teacher taught us is but overall it hasn't negatively affected my grades

7. I went in high on my finals and got all B's and A's :smoke:

8. thats what i did this past week! :smoke:

9. Yeah, I find the actual being high helps me take in stuff and helps me understand as my mind feels less restricted, just sometimes it's distracting being high in a lesson and all you can do is laugh and think about food :|

10. just depends, i can probably get better grades if i was always high but some ppl arent the same cause ik ppl who get high and dont do there work lol.

11. For me it all depends on what kind of school work. Math, physics and chemistry are the only school related subjects that I had trouble working on stoned.

12. In ur first year, youll probably have some BS classes. And sure u can go to these classes high as hell (and im sure u wont be alone). Especially if u know the stuff in class or can pick it up really easy, be my guest. I went to my computer class high as hell, and all i did was sit and listen and do nothing. I did however realize my teacher (who had an accent) pronounced a word wrong, and it was funny as hell. And the one day i go to class cookin, she repeatedly says the word, and in my mind i was dying laughing lol.

But yeah, going to class/doing hw high is no prob. Especially if you smoke with other people who arent lazy as hell, they'll encourage you to do ya work after u smoke (well me and my friends do).

13. Just finished up my junior year in college... was high each time I did homework and online responses. I even wrote my papers high, but I never took an exam high. Finished the year with four A's, two A-'s, and a B+.

:dunno: It all comes down to the individual.

14. I use bud more as a reward to studying or getting a good grade on a huge assignment and things along those lines, it makes the session somewhat more enjoyable because i feel as if i have earned every hit. But to each their own, i think you should find a test that would be okay to risk your grade and experiment with smoking. good luck

15. I hate studying high. Well I guess it would depend on the subject but most of the time I find myself more bored/distracted thinking theres other more fun things I could be doing, especially since im high. I feel like its a waste of a high. Ive never been to school high.

16. Anything can fuck with you if you let it. don't let bud fuck with you

17. I've never tried studying high. I usually either smoke after I study as a reward, or if I've smoked beforehand and need to study, I wait until I come down. Studying just seems like such a buzzkill. However, I've written a lot of papers while high, and I've gotten high grades on all of them. I feel like bud opens my mind, gives me more ideas, and helps me to express myself better. If I'm having trouble meeting word or page requirements, I usually load up my vape or my bubbler or roll up a doob and then try again. Works like a charm.

As far as going to class high... I've only done it in college, but I don't do it anymore. It feels like a waste. Sometimes it makes the class funnier or more interesting, but there are better things I could be doing while high! Plus I sometimes get paranoid and think everyone knows I'm high haha. Especially this one professor. He always did weird things like make noises at me or whistle at me for no reason when I was high.

18. I usually like what I'm studying, and I like to learn new stuff.

A bit of background music, the rain/snow coming down, good coffee, getting a little high, a guitar break now and then, snacks, an occasional roll in the hay with the gf...seemed to pretty much go with the program.

Didn't hurt the marks....

19. Well, a perfect example. Just finished my first year at college, I have a 3.1 GPA for the year and 2nd semester I went to my classes high every day usually 75% of the time I'd average, as well as smoking nightly with friends.

I made the deans list with a 3.5 GPA for 2nd semester.

Weed really hurts your schoolwork as you can tell. (not) This is from someone who really doesnt try all that hard to do more than "whats needed" to get by in school either.

Also I always LOVED going to history ripped, I would get into awesome discussions.

Smoke the herb.

20. If I could go back and start university again, I'd try to restrain myself better. I skipped a lot of class and procrastinated a lot more because of weed. Problem is there is a shit ton of down time at university...especially if you have no job. So if you are sitting around a lot like I was, you are going to smoke weed a lot.

Living with a dealer generally doesn't help. ;)