Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

School/herb balance

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by SpiceMadeOfLife, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Okay, so its been 6 weeks since I have started college. I go to an art college, so basically every day except one day I'm doing some kind of art related project. Its difficult, but I feel like I'm driven more and more every day to succeed. Over the past few days now I've kinda started smoking a bowl or 2 every day.

Yesterday was a homework day, and since I needed to get started on some homework, and I felt it was okay, I tried burning a bowl before getting down to work. A couple hours later, I burned another one. I feel like I got some groundwork on my projects going; I got another row of color swatches done on my painting assignment, I started thinking of an alternative design for my 2D design course, and I tried my best to draw my face for my 3D design project.

Overall, I feel I could have gotten more done. I could have decided completely on a design for 2D, I could have gotten the side of my face done for 3D, and I probably could have gotten another row of swatches done for painting. and now, I have a question.

I post this one the seasoned tokers board because I wanna know how the pros handle school and the herb...if they're in school. I've been smoking for a little over a year now and its always been on my mind since the past summer.

2. just make sure u finish everything u need to do on the day or week before u hit. u can use weed kind of as a reward

3. The only way you can really make it work is making weed a reward, and smoke after you get shit done. If you smoke before, you are high, lazy, and hungry. You will blow off what you need done.

I recommend smoking a bit after you do all your work.

4. If your stuck on a project, try a couple snaps to give your brain a new view, just don't smoke a whole bowl or you'll get to high to bother finishing.

5. i cant do some kind of project or study for a test when im high. i can blaze every day i if know i have nothing too serious coming up (as long as i take notes in class) but for example, i stopped blazing a week ago, and im planing on not blazing till november because i know i have too much work to do, and if i blaze ill slack off badly. im lazy as fuck, i have to make myself do work, but if i blaze too i know for a fact ill fail. moderation dude, moderation. cant wait for november to ocme though :smoke:

6. yeah, this is right for sure

7. #7 XTC, Oct 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    Untrue. I have smoked countless times before starting a college project or writing a long essay, and I can focus on the task at hand and become more interested in whatever topic I am studying. I have also done some of my most intense hikes/runs after smoking a good bowl, so don't tell me it makes me lazy. And there is this thing called willpower that allows one to smoke a bowl without raiding the entire fridge. Everything in moderation. Sure, herb makes for a great reward after finishing a difficult task, but don't say that one can't be productive after smoking. How weed affects you does not hold true for everyone else.

8. I only blaze when I have woodworking first period, At home I make sure I have all my work done first then blaze. Just like you would for anything else.

9. you have it lucky my friend! I swear I'm an artist or philosopher or some other abstract genius when im high. I'm in engineering and as you can imagine, the two do not go together well at the same time. You just need to learn a little disipline. I don't smoke at all during the weekday. I have no urge to do so either.

When i started smoking a few years ago, it would be just a weekly thing. Once a week then became a few times a week, then eventually everyday. At some point, it was multiple times a day. I realized it was fucking with my school work seeing how I was going to class high and not paying attention. I then stopped for a few months. When i got back into it again, I had total control over it.

I also work out everyday. This def keeps me from drinking even on weekends. Smoking dosn't affect my performance nearly as much as alcohol does, but i do notice a difference, so this is also a drive that keeps my smoking under control

10. Idk about everyone else but smokin a couple bowls before school really helps me to focus and zone in on what my teachers are saying. I usually toke a bowl after school too and then get crankin on my homework, and when I finish, I smoke till I sleep.... Yes, I smoke a little too much. Stfu. :smoke:

11. the real answer is: you have to find what works for you.

some of us can blaze all we want whenever we want and accomplish what we must accomplish. others will blaze all they want whenever they want and end up blowing off obligations and commitments.

i find that I can get high before class, when i'm about to work on homework or study-- whatever-- and still be just as efficient and careful in my work.
    also, I don't ditch classes or blow of work because i'm high.

you just gotta ask yourself what kind of person you are when it comes to weed.

12. Def. depends on what kind of major you're pursuing in my opnion. An accountant is not gonna be able to smoke and succeed as well as an art major on the norm

13. personaly i like to toke when i get home then crank on my hw lissin to some KRS one or something like the expendables. just have to be careful not to start writing lyrics.... btw im like a 90 student since i started smoking when i was like 80 -85 last year.. no im not a seasoned toker but i know my shit. =]

14. It's hard for me to give you advice on how you should handle your commitments while continuing to smoke, for the reason that has been stated. I've seen people who after smoking pass out, get irritable, depressed or downright stupid. However, that being said I happen to be the type that can smoke all day and get the stuff that needs to be done completed.

Always keep in mind what you have to do and when you have to be places, if you have trouble remembering commitments think about investing in some post-its.

15. i think all that you need to do man is on "homework" days you should just tell yourself you cant smoke until you get your shit done..thats what i do, but i may be a much bigger stoner than you so i have to put some sort of restriction to my blazing :)

16. after reading the original post, i was a little bit confused; it seems like you're fine with balancing school and herb, just that maybe sometimes you should not be blazed when you do homework :smoke:

weed can really help you creatively, so don't shun it out just because you feel like it's "not right" to smoke and work.

that said, if you felt that you could get more done without it, leave it until after your work :)

17. im an art major so i can relate to the op some. for your gen ed classes I suggest smoking once you have finished studying/working...ur art classes are a different story, I usually blaze some dank before I have to do any art, to me, it seems like I am a bit more creative and take my time more on art projects.

18. honestly you just gotta find that balance
    I personally haven't been sober at school since my sophomore year of high school
    if you take a couple snaps before to get on that level you'll be fine but if you do something like smoke a blunt or take gangs of bong rips then you'll just be to high to want to do anything but eat and sleep and be lazy. It's really different for everyone. you need to find out your personal limits.