Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Schizophrenic Smokers and CBD?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tamakachi, Aug 21, 2013.

1. A couple of years ago I used to be quite the stoner.

I'd light up about 4-5 times a day (bong) and I was pretty much high as a kite 24/7.

After about a year of this I started to get super paranoid everytime I smoked up, over time it got worse and worse yet I continued to smoke.

At some point my mind just had enough and I had my first psychotic episode which landed me in a psychiatric ward for a month, it took me about a year to fully recover from that first episode.

Since then, I have tried smoking once or twice and every time I do (no matter the dose or strength) I get super paranoid so my question is pretty much this:

Does anyone else who experiences paranoia with regular strains find relief with high CBD strains?

I want to one day be able to light up again and enjoy the herb responsibly but I'm afraid that the THC could cause another episode.

I have read that CBD is an antipsychotic and that it can prevent paranoia from THC but I have never read a testimonial from anyone who uses high cbd strains recreationally.

Are there any testimonials out there for high cbd strains from people who get paranoid on regular stuff?

2. #3 tamakachi, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013

Hi, yes I have seen it.
    It's one of the reasons I'm so curious to hear about anecdotal stories on people like me who get paranoid.

For all we know my psychosis could have all been avoided if the CBD wasn't bred out.

3. Cool, good luck to you.

4. High cbdstrains are bred for medicinal patients who want the pain killing anti inflammatory aspect without the lethargy and high.
    All plants will contain some amounts of thc. So the psychotic aspect will always still be there.
    You could maybe search for a strain known for no para, like g13 (myth?) or maybe some wellknown pure sativa.

But id say, You should wait a few months, years to get your head straight.
    Im saying this because i have a good friend who suffered a traumatic breakdown. he was also into lsd and other drugs.
    The lsd and pot together got him to his psychotic schizo state.
    He doesnt smoke anymore because it overwhelms him when he did.....and has learnt to accept it.
    I think hes off it now for 5+ years.

I have no idea how bad your case is, but if its anything like my friends, i doubt you can get back on the wagon.
    Unless you recover ofcourse. Noones a better judge for yourself than you.

Hope this helped in some way. Sorry if im a bit negative.

5. #6 tamakachi, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013

Thanks for your reply.

Well I have been off weed for 6 years now and I have been paranoia free for the last year or so.
    Where I live we only have access to pure sativa's but in the end of the day I think the cbd ratio is more important.

I'm just wondering if I will ever be able to smoke again without paranoia.
    I know CBD counteracts the paranoia from THC and is an antipsychotic...
    But what I don't know is whether or not it prevents the high or the stoned effect.

What seems to cause my paranoia is the feeling around my head after I smoke, the headbuzz that feels abit like being light headed; it is then followed by racing thoughts, that is the part that seems to cause my paranoia.

Now, what I do like is the effect that comes after the head-high, when you're just kinda sitting there and chilling and everything seems interesting and your brain is running at like 50%.