schizo/lost best friend.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Caveman326, Jan 16, 2011.

1. i have a friend that ive known for 8 years who is now in inpatient care at a mental institute who was diagnosed with general psychosis. He use to be a normal dude, he was litterlly my best friend. They say cannabis caused him to become schizophrenic and he believes it(supposedly, i havent been able to talk to him since they took him away)I lived with my ant during the time he was going through his mental breakdowns.

We use to smoke everyday together and everything would be fine. About three months prior to his inpatient care he stopped smokeing as much and went through several phycotic breakdowns. he never thought the breakdowns had anything to do with the buds until they told him at therapy sessions that maryj was the one causing his problems. Since he was hospitalized(stuck in the loonie bin) my ant wanted me to stop smokeing. well i didnt of course because im fine with mary and i feel responsible enough to use buds to my benefit. long sstory short i got kicked out of my ants because i wouldnt stop smoking weed for her. i was forced to move 3 hours away from my home town and friends. I also cant finish my senior year of high school at the high school ive been attending since freshman year! On top of all that my friend is still in the mental hospital. It all sucks so bad, because when they took him they said hed only be there for a month, he sighned himself over. now its been almost three months! just a real life story id like to vent to all ya blades. peace.
    -caveman

2. thats bullshit cannabis did not turn him into a schizophrenic...absolutely ridiculous. But my heart goes out to you and your friend man.

3. try to go back to your aunts and say you stopped smoking buds or at leaste are getting help for it... buds a awesome and theres no doubt about it but dont let the buds lead the direction of your life. if your aunts house is where you should be and is the best place for you then do what you can to stay there. Doing this will enable you to secure a better future for yourself. A better future means better bud smoking. You gotta think a head my man, you rule the buds not the buds rule you. sorry about your friend btw, my uncle suffers from that disease as well...

4. you can only become schizo from weed if you have a predisposition to schizophrenia kid should of asked his parents if there was a history of mental illness,i asked my dad and he said no, so i'm good, and i've been good

5. That's some bullshit dude. There really is no true evidence as to what causes schizophrenia, but the Bio-psycho-social model is what its claimed to be. Although there are many cases that totally disprove this. Marijuana does not cause schizophrenia, it's just more propaganda for the masses to pass around. Hopefully things work out for the best, and best of luck to your friend

6. If you have latent schizophrenia in your mind, the bud (or any psychoactive) will bring it out.

It's just a bummer the blame is pinned on Mary. But toke on my friend. Sorry about your friend, happens to the best of em.

7. yep what others keep sayin that predisposition to it and all that jazz. really is shame to lose someone close man. i know my parents freaked when they found out i smoked mainly because they believed it would cause psychosis and schizo.

8. Man that's bullshit that you were kicked out but like stated before just take a t-break for a month pass the first test and smoke on brotha

9. Sucks man... hope you get to finish school and a chance to visit your friend.

10. More likely is that the poor bugger took shrooms and that caused the schizo side to come out, quite sad :(

11. sorry your friend is going though such a tough time. unfortunately mental health institutions and the mental health field in general have very negative views and beliefs when it comes to marijuana.

when i was hospitalized 2 years ago, i was drug tested and of course it came back for marijuana. well because of that, when got out, and went to outpatient care, i was put into the drug rehab therapy group. they drug tested me again, and said that if i did not stop smoking they would put me in detox :eek:. i was constantly told that it would kill me if i smoked while on psych meds. finally got out of the outpatient program because i was in school, working, and going to outpatient 3 days a week for 3 hours.

just shows you the very fucked up mindset they have.

btw i smoke almost daily, and have been on an anti-psychotic for a year. i haven't died so far...:rolleyes:

take that outpatient care!

12. The horror!!!![​IMG]

I started off drinking dihydrogen-monoxide, then progressed to milk, not long after that I sampled grape juice...these led to beer and hard liquor...and then I tried weed.[​IMG]

Went and got sick, hospital, surgeries, constant pain there after, depression set in, psychosis developed...was told I was schizo...weed was the cause of ALL my symptoms...but they couldn't give me any references to review...seems they couldn't find anything, only that the DEA said so...totally debunked that crap so I fell back on the dihydrogen-monoxide explanation...and got them to admit it has the same logic as the DEA propaganda

So dihydrogen-monoxide is the cause (based on the logic of the propaganda believing sheeple).[​IMG]

WELL, turns out the whole cause was/is LUPUS...and the schizo thing is BULLSHEET.:mad:

Tell the Dr to get his terminology correct, correlations are not causation's...else he is saying water is the cause of all illness and deaths... (and oxygen causes cancer);)

13. well im currently in a t-break just to show my ant non-addictive the herb is. i started the t-break about 2 days after moving.... Im currently inrolled in a home-schooled based program that i can work at my own pace. as for apoligizeing to my ant and accepting that she is right... FUCK NO. i will never ever move back in her house because of this particular reason. Its crazy for her to accuse me of being an "addict" when she is an avid pill popper, she is at a doctors office atleast once aweek. Oh man, just makes me more motivated to get my law degree!

thanks for posting some constructive comments.... it all brings me good vibes. happy tokin yall.
    -caveman

14. Sorry to hear man.I know someone that went to the ward becouse he smoked a blunt of some dank bud and started hearing shit.Lol dude karate chopped this big ole black fella when he tried to escape he said.Shits hilarious,but what happened to your friend sucks man.You can go up there and sneak him out?

15. Damn that sucks.

16. Yeah dude. Studies have shown that people who toke up regularly as teens (before the brain has a chance to fully devolop) have a higher risk for developing Schizophrenia.

I myself smoked only a maximum of probably 15 times in high school and in Novermber of 2009 I was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qscNnWhnkRM]YouTube - Cannabis The Evil Weed 2009 1of6[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlb5eHCNL8Q&feature=related]YouTube - Cannabis The Evil Weed 2009 2of6[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iC0R4DrYY8&feature=related]YouTube - Cannabis The Evil Weed 2009 3of6[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StuIBpsWFu0&feature=related]YouTube - Cannabis The Evil Weed 2009 4of6[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiMGLAWVx10&feature=related]YouTube - Cannabis The Evil Weed 2009 5of6[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnQHrbKJV_g&feature=related]YouTube - Cannabis The Evil Weed 2009 6of6[/ame]

17. wait...so your refusal to stop smoking weed has fucked up your last year of school?

[​IMG]

just suck it up and get hammered like hte rest of highschoolers till your in college. think of it this way....you can save your money on some shitty hs bud you woulda bought....and in return you get to buy a buncha bomb college hookup bud:hello:

18. I went through a similar experience. I was the one who went loco though! The following is a little of what I remember, the trials and tribulations, and what's going on today:

I was at the peak of a college career (the most difficult part), working, blazin all the time (with friends and alone), not eating right (eating tons of fast-food, whenever I could...), not sleeping...totally stoked on life. I enjoy working in the field I chose and I still enjoy going to school, so I'm telling you when I got the psychosis, I enjoyed life and my life was packed full...then, I had to get a bunch of stuff done so I was up for a couple days and then, went felt loopy, but went to sleep and all was good...then few weeks later, tons more to do...ended up staying awake for 5 days...lost it!

Went to hospital, diagnosed with schizophrenic episode caused by bipolar disorder.

It wasn't no ordinary experience. I literally thought I lost it! I was done, I seriously couldn't think and once they (the psychiatrists) put me on meds, I literally could only carry a thought so far in my mind (only way to say it in words..) I totally thought it was the weed too...

at the beginning of the 5 days of being awake and working and tripping out I purchased an 1/8th of dank! So, I determined this bud was spoiled or drugged, although I had the mj tested and myself tested and it was only marijuana...no other drugs in my system.

So, I had to be strong and got to know Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior because when i was going through this psychotic episodes, it literally felt like I was falling within my physical body...there was stuff going on that I couldn't explain and so I had to just have faith and I went home to my parents house instead of the hospital.

Rested for a few months at my parents, was laid off from work, dropped out of school for the rest of the time that was left and took lithium and zyprexa... Struggled through, got on a good diet, exercised regularly, and eventually I got comfortable in the new world I'm in...

Seriously it's like a lucid dream, everything is very vivid, colors are wonderful and as long as I'm hard working towards fulfilling the desires of my heart, loving through daily life, I'm cool!

Since the major episode, I've had minor one's but now I go through them in the privacy of my mind and heart and allow the Lord to guide me through. No doubt, I do have a close circle of friends and family who know where I stand. I was eventually weened off zyprexa and then I quit seeing the psychiatrist and weened myself off of lithium.

I'm currently about to finish college and life is going good. I'm currently prescribed marijuana for my bipolar disorder and it's working. I learned that all bipolar disorder is, is disorder within oneself. As long as I maintain a healthy lifestyle, keeping all aspects of life in balance as best as I can, I'm cool.

I hope this little story of my past can help you in some way. If you would like more details, feel free to PM me and we can further discuss...

Take Care,

19. what your friend is going through is one of my biggest fears, i wouldnt be able to take living in a mental institution, honestly dude i think you should find a way to help your friend

the way you described it sounds like you and your friend haven't spoken since he got put in the institution, go talk to him at least if you can

20. that documentary was very biased an not very scientific.... bad post mate