Sceletium tortuosum (Kanna)

Discussion in 'General' started by DeadChimp, Jan 9, 2004.

1. I know legal drugs are usually discounted here and many other marijuana boards, but the truth is you're looking the wrong place, and/or expecting too much. Don't get me wrong, I've never been impressed with smoking blends, or legal buds. They associate too many pot buzzwords with their products, and advertise them as "alternatives", when in reality, there's nothing like the real thing.

However, everything I've ordered from an ethnobotanical store has worked to it's described effects.

I ordered 1 gram of pharma grade kanna, with the lack of info on the internet, and the price I was a little skeptical towards this legal high. I scoured every source I could for information on kanna, found a few good sites, but mostly stores selling it.

2 days passed, and my order finally came in the mail. I started feeling a little stressed out early that night, so I started with a one hitter of pot through a gravity bong. The pot buzz was coming on, but definitely too weak to take care of any stress, so I sat down and started on some kanna.

I loaded a one hitter of kanna, and sat down to smoke it. About 20 minutes later, I was feeling something different than a pot buzz. The "high" I was getting from kanna is unlike pot in many ways. The good feelings, actually felt like authentic emotions. (Could be because the active ingredient is related to prozac?)

A friend of my girlfriend's stopped by and smoked a few bowls (weed) with us. The only thing the pot did to me at that point was make me hungry. I didn't feel high, just happy and relaxed. The previous stress I meantioned earlier was gone.

It took me about 2 1/2 - 3 hours to completely come down off of kanna, not sure the exact time frame because I wasn't worried about a damn thing. After I came down, my body/mind wanted more, but my willpower succeeded. After all, I need something to do tonight.

Last night was the first time in a long time I wasn't pissed off, tense, or depressed. I was actually able to let go, and enjoy myself. Something I haven't done since winter hit, and I started working all the time. :)

2. Sounds like something I could really use about now... care to share were you bought it from?

3. www.ethnogens.com

I was told there is little difference between normal grade and pharma grade, and that the pharma grade is cured in a different way so it's smoother and has a better taste.

Kanna is great because you can use it in almost every way possible. Chew it, snort it, or smoke it. Sprinkle some on a bowl of dank, I'm sure you'll have a good time. :)

4. thanks man

I'll give that a try for sure :D

5. cool stuff, any other sources of info avalible on it that ya know of??

:D

6. Just reading what you wrote made me feel all relaxed and unstressed. I don't know about paying 135 and ounce for flowers though...

7. whoa... thats pretty dern intense.... right thurr....

i'd rather buy some cheeba...:D

8. A little goes a long way with kanna, 1 gram has lasted for what seems like forever. When you looked at the small amount I've consumed, to the amount I've given away. I still have enough for about 4 or 5 hitters packed tight.

It's definitely stronger with pot than alone. I put some on a butter knife and set it on my tongue and it started tingling. A few minutes later I just got a little rush, then had a one hitter of green and it upped the effects.

The effects tonight were not as strong however, I think it's easy to develop a tolerance for. Last night, I could say I felt fucked up. At this point, I'm just in a good mood. I might space out the last of my gram for later and see if my tolerance has gone down at all.

I'll let you guys know. If any of you try it, let me know how it went. :)