Scary shit that's happened to you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SilentWalrus, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Last week, something happened to me that scared the hell outta me. I've never been this scared in my life.

Anyway, this one happened a few nights ago. I live in the backwoods of the north Georgia mountains, and it makes for some great hiking/camping/woods smoking. Anyway, my bro and I went out for a 10 mile hike last weekend before all the snow came down.

We get on the trail, we're probably about 15-20 miles from the nearest town. This area was fucking isolated. We were walking for a few hours, trying to find somewhere to camp, when we heard this god-awful shrieking. It wasn't just screaming, it had this blood-freezing shrill frequency that I didn't think anyone could possibly reach. After the screaming subsided, we heard this barking in the distance, followed by whoops and hollers that to me sounded like drunken hillbillies just raped someone. I was playing that horrible scene from "Deliverance" over and over in my head, and we did not feel safe at all. After about 10 minutes of listening to this, we hauled ass to where the sounds were coming from, fearing what we would find. The sun set, and we stupidly were still floundering about in the woods, carrying nothing between us but a few meals' worth of food, a few grams of pot, sleeping bags, and a tent. It was dark, we were scared out of our minds, and I just wanted to get the hell out of the woods and back to my car.

At around 8, the sun had long set, we were wandering around shivering with flashlights. We didn't have any weapons on us but multi-tools. Brenan just said "Screw it. Let's set up camp here." We knew we were lost, and we were cold as Satan's rectum. We set up our tent haphazardly, piled in, and slept uneasily.

The next morning, Bren prodded me awake. He was shaking, from cold or fear. Our tent's rain fly had been torn off, I figured by the wind. We stepped outside, and promptly both almost shit ourselves. The tent fly was torn to shreds on the ground, the stakes upended, and there was a fucking noose hanging from the tree across the clearing. Naturally, we broke camp and ran almost 4 miles through the woods to come out by a road, followed the road to where I parked and got the hell out. In 19 years of living in Union county, GA, I've never felt that vulnerable in the woods.

Needless to say, no bud was smoked on that trip. Post your own stories!

• Like Like x 3
  2. this reminds me of The Blair Witch project.

3. I have the torn up rain fly, I'll post a picture when my cell's charged.

• Like Like x 1
  4. So do you think it was people or like a mutant human

• Like Like x 1

5. HOLY SHIT:eek:

6. That's pretty fuckin scary, that's why I NEVER go in the woods without my Mossberg pump ;). Anyway, the scariest shit that ever happened to me was falling out of a ski lift in Maine. You know the one that was all over the news not too long ago. The second scariest thing that ever happened to me is when I was baby sitting my little sister when my parents were out one night. My dog ran to the front door looking into the darkness and just started barking. Someone was definitely chilling in the bushes because I went to go grab the flood light and by the time I can back all I saw was someone hauling ass down the road on foot.

7. Oh, I'm sure it was just people fucking with us. There are tons of hicks back here who have nothing better to do.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Great fucking read. :)

9. when i was about 13 years old me and my friend were walking through this wooded area near a particularly ghetto high school. 2 kids came up from behind us and chased us and eventually caught up to us. one had a knife and he checked my pockets and found my friends cell phone which i happened to be carrying for my friend. pretty scary considering we were only 13

another time me and some friends were out egging, and we got back to my house and got out of the car to go inside when we noticed 2 cars full of guys across the street from my house. they yelled asking if we had been throwing eggs and some of them started walking toward us. we dipped inside as fast as we can.

10. But who was phone?

11. This was my sophomore year of high school, me and my friend were just chilling at the baseball fields in my town. Behind the fields there is a huge system of trials that lead in to miles and miles of woods. I had walked on these trails many times before so I wasn't apprehensive about anything. We start walking on one of the trials and we get fairly deep into the woods, it was deep enough that it would be peculiar to see anybody else out there. After a while of hiking along the trail my friend points into the woods off the trail and he goes "What the hell is that!" I look over and I shit you not, there were two men in business suits just standing in the middle of the woods talking to each other. All of the sudden they both look at us and after about 5 seconds of staring they both start running towards us. Me and my friend just start booking it the other way out of the trail. We ran for I don't even know how long, until we were out of the woods and back at the fields. I don't even think we looked behind us the whole time we were running. When we got back to the fields we realized there was absolutely nobody in sight.
    Its crazy how vivid my memory of this is. But I shit you not this really happened and to this day I still don't know what to make of it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP your story reminds me of a time I was out with some friends exploring in the woods and we were about 10 miles deep in the middle of no where (no trails) and we came across this site with witchcraft shit all over. There were dead cats hanging from the trees, rocks stacked high, weird dolls made out of sticks and tied with human hair, and a tent with canned food and water. We saw a pack of smokes that still had cigarettes inside the tent which means that someone was living in there, and was probably close. Needless to say, we booked it outta there.

13. Damn there are some good, creepy woods stories here

• Like Like x 2
  14. Holy fuck. The first & last stories are intense as shit. Great stories.

15. #15 MiloHasAGun, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017
    wait.. what? i was getting into that story man but u lost me at the end:smoke:

16. Holy shit i dig this thread.

More stories plz. :smoke:

17. #18 Sanguine, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2017

Trolled.

18. Dewddd I go to Helen, GA or Blue Ridge every winter or so with my dad and a bunch of friends for a Harley trip. We stay in the cabins. Last year we stayed in one that overlooked a farm about half a mile down with mountains way in the background. There's nothing like waking up to that view every morning.

• Like Like x 1
  19. when i was younger - Up in the fields messing round by this old abandoned farm..turns out it wasnt abandoned. I seen a jeep CLIMBING this hill i was on, i was like wtf. Guys in int started screaming at us etc. we ran into a nearby field and jumped into this thick bush. this fuckin jeep ragged onto the field and parked right next to the bush. My eyes were level with the base of the jeep. i see the doors open and sets of feet hit the ground. I was shitting myeself. i thought we were gonna get caught for sure. The guy gets in his car and just drives off. Another time we were walking though this really dense woods turns out it was a private hunting area and the guy who owned it was pissed. he started shooting at us. I actually felt the first shot fly past me, 100% true, we jumped down this massive hill, and in front of us there was a river. we jumped in it and swam to the other side. soaking wet but alive ha. these arent scary at all compared to some shit i got up to when i was younger .:smoke:I have literally dozens if stories like this ill keep posting um in different replys as the thread progresses rather than making one reply to long