Scariest Movie Ever?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ryan Donnelly, Apr 5, 2013.

1. been lookin for some good horror movies, something that will scare the shit out of me, but a lot of movies these days dont do it for me. anyone have any good suggestions? if its on netflix thats a bonus, but its cool if its not

oh and already seen the exorcist

2. go to theaters and see evil dead. it will scare you, its greeeeat and gorrry

3. Here you go [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO5mMVeFZEQ"]Nosferatu (1922) Full Movie - YouTube[/ame]

4. Depends what kind of things scare you. I for one rarely ever get scared by movies, but I can name a few that have spooked me a bit. From my collection, I recommend:

- 30 Days of Night (2007) Probably the best vampire movie I've ever seen, it definitely is a well made film and there are bound to be a few jumps in it for you. I know the first time I saw it it creeped me out a bit.

- The Amityville Horror (2005) Yes, it is a remake, and I know some people have grudges the instant they hear the word remake. I however treat each film as a new experience, and I actually found this one to be much more scary than the original. Plus, one of the few things that scare me (when things move in ways they shouldn't) is in this a CRAP ton, and still gets me every time I watch it.

- The Descent (2005) If you're claustrophobic at all, this will surely scare you. A group of girls go exploring in an undiscovered cave system and find something far worse than what they imagined...

- The Human Centipede 2 [Full Sequence] (2011) Alright, I for one hated the original. I thought it was hyped up to be FUCKED and it barely even showed anything. However, the sequel is DEFINITELY what you think about when you hear the words The Human Centipede. It has everything, and everything is messed up.

- I Spit on Your Grave (2010) I recommend the remake again because I for one was just sitting there in disgust watching the original one from long long ago. The remake however is a non stop ride filled with all the revenge you could ever imagine... Definitely a scary movie.

Aside from those movies that I own, I would also recommend the following:

- Antichrist (2009) This is only for those who have a VERY strong stomach. Actually, truth be told, this is one movie I just couldn't get through to the end. It was so repulsive and disturbed me on so many levels that I had to turn it off. It is that messed up.

- Audition (1999) For those of you who do not mind subtitles, this Japanese film is also quite horrifying. All I need to tell you is DON'T look in the sack. Bad things are in that sack, man.

- Enter the Void (2009) For all you druggies out there, this is a pretty terrifying concept, trust me. Not so much a horror movie, but I watched it stoned the first time by myself and it definitely scared me, whether it was intentional or not.

- Eraserhead (1977) If you're into David Lynch, or just like theorizing on what movies mean, than this is a great one. Again, not really horrifying, but it definitely has some strange images sure to evoke a sense of being disturbed.

- Martyrs (2008) More subtitles, but from what I've heard of this film, it is certainly worth it for the ending alone. I have not actually seen this one myself, but have heard really good things about it.

And that's all I got for right now. Enjoy! :D

5. Funny thing is. The only scary movie on your list was Martyrs and you haven't even seen it.. Yet, it's only due to it's extreme graphic violence to the point where you question if you're a sane person for enjoying such a brilliant movie. I stopped it (only movie) midway through because I didn't really want to see what else happened it's that good.

High Tension is a good one. It's based off a pretty famous novel but I don't want to say due to it giving away the entire plot. Great, brutal, horrifying movie.

Not to say Eraserhead isn't creepy/weird as fuck. Audition has some good freaky scenes. I wouldn't really reccomend "I spit on your grave" it's just bleh.

6. ive seen The Descent and ive gotta say that scared the shit out of me, great movie

7. Have you seen the sequel? In my opinion, it doesn't compare to the original, but it was still an interesting story and the cliffhanger ending has me craving a trilogy...

8. It's all about emotional manipulation, if you don't mind being fucked with, then horror movies are for you, it's when you are being fucked with and you don't know it, and you like it, then you may enjoy it....lol

I worked in a slaughter house once, and yeah I capped over 1000, beasts a day, blood and guts all over, then saw a horror movie and slept thru it...lol lol

9. yeah im really not scared at all by slasher gory films anymore, those bore me. its more the psychological horror films that freak me out now. Supernatural horror is definitely top of my list, shit that you cant even see thats haunting you and you can just hear it or see shadows, thats fucked up.

10. ^ That is scary shit. The imagination is the most powerful scare technique.

11. the human centipede 2 is so fucked up.. so so so fucked up

12. You know, the third one is supposed to have 500 people in it... 0.o

13. Slasher movies aren't scary at all... But Sinister was pretty scary, but that might be because I'm a pussy.

14. human centipede 3? hahaha that would be funny.

15. nah you ain't a pussy, sinister scared me and i'm no pussy... nah kidding im a massive pussy hahahaha

16. Am I the only guy who feels completely desensitized to all forms of horror movies? I have a lot of friends who love them, but I always end up being bored with these movies because they're so damn predictable? Horror isn't some fucked up thing jumping in front of the camera really quick and going "BOO!".

If you haven't seen "IT", you should look IT up. It won't amaze you with special effects, but I does set a mood and it's one of the few scary movies I've seen.

17. It... As in the Stephen King miniseries?

God, I hated that movie... fucking balloons aren't scary. Nothing in that excuse for a movie was scary.

I hear they're trying to remake it in theaters with a strict R rating. It has potential to be good, but that tv movie sucked in my opinion.

18. #18 Ryan Donnelly, Apr 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
    the only thing i found scary about in sinister was the home video tapes the main guy watched showing each family getting killed. the ending sucked imo

19. The original exorcist was known as one of the scariest movies ever made in the process of making the movie back in the 70s an unexplainable fire happened and a few people working on the set died..

20. Heh, that supposedly happened during the filming of the original The Omen, too... which in its time was quite scary. :)

I saw Mama quite recently. Thought that was quite well done, and kept the tension quite well when we were still unsure 100% what was going on. The last 10 minutes was a total nosedive into mediocrity, though.