Scariest 5 seconds of my life tonight

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by quadridincopedipper, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Fuck. I'm lucky to be here right now. I still can't make sense of this.

I was driving my truck doing 55 in the 55 along a deserted stretch of highway near my place.

Im always a very vigilant guy. I don't speed, I use my turn signals, I'm ALWAYS Scanning the road for debris and people like this guy.

I look in my double mirrors to see a BMW passing me in my blind spot, usually where the wheels of my ATV trailer is visible, along a double yellow zone.

All of the sudden a Suburban or big SUV is in the other lane. I slow down and pull to the side as close as I can with my 4 way flashers on. I knew this guy was close.

The guy in the BMW speeds even faster up, even though he had more than enough room to pass.

BAM! he's like a car length to getting into a head on with this SUV. Person behind me tries to pass but swerves back in his lane just in time. I genuinely thought he would hit him.

After, I'm just like OH FUCK and the BMW brake checks me and flips me off.

What the fuck? I was driving down the road, minding my own business when he decided to pass me. I slowed down and left him more than enough room to avoid what could have became a loss of life! Nope, instead it was his conscious decision to speed up and not get back behind me to which I could've pulled over safely at the next chance.

Thoughts? Ever have stuff like this happen to you? And where's the CHP when you ACTUALLY need them?

2. the bmw guy is a prick

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. hes driving a beamer, dont be suprised at any douche baggery

4. Dude I had someone like this before, he was driving a big truck though. But instead of speeding up, or getting behind me again. He decided to just scoot over and nearly pushed my car off the side of the road. I had to slam my breaks. Fucking twit.

Sent from my SGH-M919N using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. This story would be completely different if he was driving any other type of car

I don't usually judge people, but if you drive a Beamer chances are your an asshole

6. #6 gentleman, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
    luxury car = don't know how to drive

no exceptions

7. Can't make sense of the post but okay.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Spoiled little rich kid driving daddys car most likely

9. I hate stereotyping but honestly some of the douchiest drivers have been BMWs especially here in the freeways of San Diego, almost usually those really small two door BMWs. A couple almost crashed into me while speeding up trying to get into the other lanes

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Just assume every car on the road is being driven by an asshole. But yeah i hate when somebody flicks me off even though it was their fault

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. The majority of BMW owners are rich disrespectful ass holes.

12. #12 moreherb, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
    I drove cross country in a 98 m3. Most fun I've ever had in that car. I remember more semi's flyin past me doin 100 tryin to knock me of the road goin through the S.Carolina- Texas stretch.

Eventually I started to get pissed and it became safer to drive faster because they will make your life hell when you know you have some kind of power behind the pedal and you have more trailers cutting you off ; and it just feels better to do what the car was intended for.

Just Sayin:

Most people to hate on BMW and luxury car owners are people too lazy to work for one. 
    When I had it back in the days I called it "Black Man Working" I fine tuned the engine and did the work myself. I would rather learn a BMW/Audi over a honda and other undesirable cars.

13. ITT: poor people hating on nice cars they can't buy

....jk

14. Exactly. ITT: lazy fucks who assume a nice car contains a driver who didn't work for it. Just bc you're too geriatric doesn't mean a nice car driving fast is an asshole.

To OP though, that's some shit man. Sorry to hear he acted so douchily. If I pass someone double yellows I make sure they never have to deal with me again. Why pass someone just to hold them up?

Only thing I can think is he thought he wasn't going to make it and tried to slow down and back out right when you slowed down. But if anything your slowing down helped him get around you quicker which he should've been grateful for that his pussy slow bmw couldn't leg it around you quick enough.

I'm around people quick enough they don't have time to consider slowing. Loud roar and then my tail lights from their POV

how do I change my signature

15. Oh yeah, I've noticed that kind of attitude from people in BMWs and Hummers but mostly just men in huge lifted trucks.

Had a guy just the other day pull up to a stop sign see me coming and pull out sideways into the lane I was driving down and just stop in front of me. Could have hit him but he just sat there and eyed angrily me as I drove around him.
    Like sorry for existing and driving down your road buddy. Puuuuhlease guy.

Should have just t-boned him and got some money out of him and his mid-life crisis BMW. But I'm better than that drama.

But really I think that there are more asshole/bad drivers out there than there are courteous ones. No matter the make or model they drive.

16. You seem angry lol

17. Bmw was in the wrong i love how people think they have more rights on the road because they shoved out the money for a nice car.

Im glad you made out it good

18. I drive a lifted truck and I'm not an asshole on the road. Yeah I might floor it so I can hear my pipes but I'm not gonna be a douche about it. I payed for everything and did everything to my truck. 

19. I've had that happen as well, it just means now I can see your lisense plate and company logo and make a few quick phone calls on the side of the road :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

K den.

I live in a rural area with a lot of people that drive trucks. And incidentally there are a lot of assholes who drive them. Hell, there is a lot of assholes where I live period.