scared to smoke weed again

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Ninjaww, Apr 5, 2013.

1. So to begin things let me say that I had been smoking weed regularly for about a year I had also been on accutane for about 3 months and two months ago I was ripping my bong and suddenly I felt way too high and keep in mind I was a consistent user, I also felt scared and anxious and wanted this sensation to go away. My heart was pounding I seriously thought I was going to die. Before all of this I had visited my dads friend who's wife passed away a day before with my mom and sis, i really wasn't close to them so I don't think that had any thing to do with how I was feeling. Then two days later I grabbed my bong decided to get high and what do you know I feel the same, I felt way too stoned and scared I don't know why though. Since then I haven't smoked I also discontinued accutane because of a depression I fell after that. Don't know what caused all that to stir up, I mean I was blazing on the drug since the start. Anyone care to give their 2 cents???

2. just get high dog

3. I had the same thing happen to me pretty much! I think it's because you're so used to having a high tolerance so one bong hit on a "virgin" brain and body is going to be like having 10. You just need to build your tolerance back up or that's helped me and take it slow like enjoy the fact you can get high off of less while you can.

4. But I mentioned I had been a consistent user and i did have a high tolerance so that's what made things sketchy.

5. Are you sure it wasn't laced?

6. I don't think so because I gave the rest of the bud to a friend and he told me it was straight

7. take a hit and drink a 4 loko.
    start thinking about irregular heartbeats.
    *tears of joy streaming down my face.
    jk my man, its probably due to the accutane (which is a fucked up drug), and the thought of death served only to negatively affect your already unstable high. now to smoke or not to smoke? probably best not to.
    fwing! stupendous man away! (calvin and hobbes reference)

8. True story

9. You got a point there, and I guess I should stay away from weed for now

10. I take roaccutane (it's basically just accutane for my country) and it doesn't cause depression. Marijuana just enhances sensations that you're currently feeling. If you feel sad, you're going to feel sadder, if you feel engaged, you're going to feel more engaged.

Accutane is 'known' to have depressive side-effects but I think it's just people who got depressed looking for an excuse other than that their own mind just wasn't capable of handling the stress of their surroundings.

Source: Been taking roaccutane for five years, been smoking weed for four.

11. Could you be any more arrogant and uninformed? Nope, you couldn't.
    Your n=1 experience is not the norm.

Several people have killed themselves from Accutane and the drug is so toxic that the developer Roche got sued all the way to hell so they gave up their patents to the drug so they would be no longer responsible for it.

12. And where did you get your medical degree from?

13. #13 Cruizer, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2013
    Source? Citations? Nope, yet you call me the arrogant one. I stated my information was anecdotal, I made that very clear. Hence my source being me and you chose to ignore that. Roaccutane is a great drug that has changed my life with little to no side effects.

How do you also know 'several' (a bullshit evidential word you're using) killed themselves from Accutane? Was it in their suicide note? Or was it just supposed that it was due to it because they had it in their system at the time. News flash, that's the same reasoning people use to say marijuana causes car crashes because it was in their system, so often omitting the fact that there was also alcohol present at the time.

Marijuana Raises Risk of Fatal Car Crash

"The study also showed that drivers who tested positive for marijuana were more than three times as likely to be responsible for the fatal car crash. Researchers say the likelihood of being at fault increased as the blood concentration of marijuana increased."

Well no shit Sherlock, of course it's going to increase as those with marijuana found in their system will almost always be deemed at fault due to the fact that it's a foregone conclusion when marijuana is found in one's system.

I realise I got a bit off-topic but I know exactly the type of person you are and would use me not citing my information about marijuana related crashes against me.
    While drugs may kill people, they're not directly responsible in the way that a person taking too much of it leads to negative consequences.

Oxygen is technically toxic (in that it oxidises molecules within cells) and if we had a company which produced it I'm sure it'd get sued to shit too. That's really not a means to dismiss it entirely.

Edit: Stop saying 'n=1 experience' too. It's not a thing, it never was a thing. It actually doesn't hold any extra argumentative value whatsoever. The word you're looking for is 'anecdotal'.

14. Do you both not read? SOURCE PEOPLE SOURCE!

Fuck sake...

Edit: I also even prefaced (unnecessarily, mind you) in regards to the depression 'caused' by Accutane with the phrase "I think".

15. You thought wrong. The fact that accutane has a slew of negative side effects including depression is well-documented.

16. yo dawg on the real, if you are to scared to take a leap of faith i wouldnt fuck with it. Unlike the younger bros posting listen weeds like everything, do everything but when you want to.

Thats how life works, spark that shit when you want to homie...it will be much better like that.

So if you are afraid fuck that shit

P.S. Take all tips in moderation dont always be a pussy! Goodluck

17. honestly what helped me stop being anxious was just acknowledging what I was doing before hand. just realize that you're only high and that no one cares. also deep breathing 4real does help as cliche as that sounds.

18. #18 s0calt0ker, Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2013
    I stopped reading at acutane. Get the fuck off that medication. It's sideeffects are absurd and put people at serious risk. I know a few buddies growing up who were on this stuff. They literally were a different person on the medication. Everything from depression and suicidal thoughts and actions to hitting members of the opposite sex (something they would never normally do). Getting into fights for no reason. Breaking things, putting fist and other body parts through walls when in a rage. The list goes on with side effects. I don't care how bad the problem is, this medication is one of the worsts.There are other medications with less side effects for acne. I hope you do not drink on acutane...

19. I call total bullshit ^

That to me is just people who wanted an excuse for their behaviour, so blamed it on roaccutane. It's done nothing but help me.

20. LMAO you really have no idea what your talking about. First of all, what do I gain from making that up. I'm just trying to help the OP. These are ALL well documented side effects.

They were fine before taking it and fine after stopping. This is years ago, when they were younger and I am speaking about, multiple people I know. Accutane , has some very very serious side effects.

I will say one major factor that played a roll sometimes was alcohol + accutane. Which many young people on accutane do despite the warnings. That combination, really induces some bad side effects.

It is not like they were making excuses like "sorry I am on accutane". This is from my and other people close to them observations. Now years later we discuss it sometimes and no one I know would ever put their kids on that medication, knowing the side effects most suffer from.

These people in mention were fine before beginning their accutane regime and fine a few months after ending it. Now it has been many years and they are all back to their normal self. So mr. smart guy explain why they never have (and would never) done ANY of these actions in question before and after the medication. This all happened while on accutane and never again.