Scared to smoke again because of an apparent link to psychosis with weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Stonerteen, Feb 22, 2022.

1. So I have been on a t-break from weed for a while, 1 to lose weight, 2 to finish school.
    I plan on starting back, but I have been coming across news articles that say weed could induce psychosis, this has me terrified to smoke because I’m scared I will go crazy, I love the weed that I smoke, well technically it’s not weed, it’s a delta 10 dab pin, But I’m scared to smoke again because of the link between weed and psychosis, I have no prior family history of schizophrenia or psychosis or even bipolar, but I still fear that I am going to somehow go through a psychotic episode if I smoke again, I never used to fear this until I read up on these articles, Can anyone give me advice about going into my next smoke session, That can prevent me from having a horrible anxiety attack, I fear that I’m going to have a horrible anxiety attack and that’s going to induce psychosis, any help would be appreciated, thank you

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. If weed caused Psychosis, the 60s and 70s
    would have seen an explosion of Psychotic
    episodes happening.

There would have been a massive increase in
    Psychosis the world over.

Didn't happen. Obviously.

The only time I would worry about weed causing a
    Psychotic episode is if I had a long family history of
    Psychosis.

Everyone else is probably safe.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. You must know a few people who smoke pot, did any of them become psychotic?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Weed doesn't cause shit like that. And having an anxiety attack doesn't just "induce psychosis" in normal people either, maybe if someone was already badly mentally ill but for normal people an anxiety attack is just an unpleasant experience but one that will pass as you come down from being high.

If you wanna smoke then do it just take it slow and keep it low and work your way up and you can avoid getting paranoid

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I agree with everyone else. But for panic attacks, I would suggest having some CBD on hand. It greatly and rapidly reduces the effects of THC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. There is nothing to fear but fear itself

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. CANADA !!! there would have been droves of psychotic droolers invading mental hospitals there the next day after the entire Country legalized weed years ago . here we are years later and no statistical increase .... Rastas and hippies , how many are now psychotic from a lifetime of ingesting cannabis plant ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. There was a study done a while back that suggested that long-term heavy use could potentially lead to psychosis, particularly in people with undiagnosed/untreated mental or emotional health issues.
    However, I'm 55 and I've been smoking daily for over 35 years and my cheese is still firmly affixed to its cracker.
    But, even too much of a good thing can be a bad thing so just respect the gift that nature gave us and you'll be fine. Basically, don't be a burn-out. Hell, I'm still smoking a joint I rolled around midnight last night and it's 1:10 in the afternoon now. :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 1
  9. It only happens if the person has a family history or already has it without knowing it. Smoking cannabis can enhance mental illness if one already has it in their head.

Lots of times it happens with the mentally ill smoking too much in their teen years and it starts developing in their 20s and with usage of other things of course.

So if your just using cannabis and are of age and have no family history of mental illness your most likely fine. Toke it up as long as it's safe good stuff.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I seen a thing as a teen in the 80s where this dude smoked “marijuana” and murdered his mom. But my mom smoked pot and she hadn’t ever killed my grandmother so I was confused.
    Weird too that my mom and dad both listened to rock and roll music but we weren’t devil worshipers.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. that person ( Dude) from the eighties also was breathing Air - and I mean everyone is Doing it !

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. If reading an article has you terrified, you should probably curl up in a fetal position in your safe space.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Ditch the “ pens”.
    If you are that worried about it, just stick to flower.
    I think a lot of these “ studies “ suggest that it’s more related to the massively increased dosages that are available to the general public nowadays vs “ back in the day “.
    Shatters, concentrates, and distillates have jacked up the potency levels to INSANE levels and isolated many of the compounds in the process. 95% thc for fucks sake..?!
    Dabbing grams at a time?
    Over saturating your receptors will blow out you endocannabinoid system leaving doors open to poor health.
    Don’t worry so much, just stick to good old fashioned flower. Maybe treat yourself to some properly made bubble hash every now and then :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. You can become psychotic and go crazy for many reasons even if you’ve never smoked weed.
    A tree could fall on your head tomorrow too, just enjoy your life.
    Get a medical card, get some decent dispensary weed.
    Take one hit, see where that gets you.
    When you’re ready for more…take another hit.
    Gone are the days where you sit there and take half a dozen hits or more or smoke a joint by yourself.
    The THC levels are so much higher today that you don’t need as much.
    Plus I guarantee that if you do that, especially after coming off of any type of break or duration of time since you’ve last used you’re almost guaranteed to feel psychoticly high..!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. I have bipolar and anxiety and PTSD
    The bud helps more than the reg meds

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I do that when I hit fire bud.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. And if you read the label zero CBD. Pure THC without a side helping of CBD to soften the ride and take the edge off is just plain uncomfortable at best and it goes downhill from there.

Doing Dabs of Live Resin with TTS it was very noticeable. I'd find myself all wound up in a ball with my teeth clenched. Even TTS would notice and comment on it. A few tokes of my own Kief and I'd uncurl and relax.

Stop buying that top end maximum THC stuff and stick with the sub 20% goods and I think you'll find it a much more laid back high. If you grow let it go an extra week at harvest. That alone seems to bring the ratio of CBD to THC to more favorable levels. A 60 day or longer cure add to the balance too IME.

Not only has the ratio changed the product is gotten from grower to consumer far faster then it ever did back in the day.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Agreed :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Weed can grow some titties
    on manly manly men
    and make you barf
    when you get high
    and make you barf again
    it makes your nards
    climb back inside