Scared to cut too early

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 2high, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Hey everyone, at first I thought the little hairs were what is smoked and was dissapointed at amount, also thought little sacks within buds were just my seeds coming in since I pollinated this batch. I bought microscope had a look at trichs, theirs definately amber in there, maybe 20%. I'm not sure what fullgrown bud looks like on the plant, yes I know location of bud. Ill provide a picture in a sec. Will it change from pod like to something else. thanks (durban poison) 8-weeks into flower 250 hps

Attached Files:

2. Am I the only one who thinks someone slightly misunderstood the ScrOG concept? :D

OP, I've no idea what you're asking here, and the pics are hopeless. Would you care to try again?

3. Wow whats so misunderstood? They grow, you tuck so light can penetrate right? Anyway, I may have confused some. My question is that the "herb" of the plant doesn't really look like the typical stuff I've seen and just wondering if the shape and all will change when drying /curing. Kinda looks like sacks with white burgendy hairs. But trichs do check out to be a mix of amber and cloudy. My first grow.

4. Looks like your buds are under the screen!!! Why is that man??

Anyway, you can see 20% amber trichs...what's the other 80%??

It's all in the trichs...and preferance, or so I am told!

I see your second post...I think your asking if the bud looks the same when growing as when fully dried/cured...answer No.

5. I am using the screen to assist in an LST grow instead of tying and the like. I guess I could have them weeving through the screen. Is that what your refering to? Thanks for the reply though. Id say the remander trichs are about 40%, 40%clear/ cloudy.

6. Right. I think I get it now.

You're worried your buds arent hairy enough.

Fair enough. There's a few things which can result in lower hair production, not least of which is that you've pollinated them.

Other than that, for a first grow, I'd say bud of any description is a result.

I'd wait on the trichs a bit (lot) longer, but like <s>HarderThanCars</s> IslandMon said, it's a personal thing.

The reason your screen amused me, was because usually, in screen-of-green (search these forums for 'ScrOG'), the plant is tucked under during veg, and allowed to grow vertically though the screen during flowering.

7. I see what you mean about the scrogg. I was thinking in terms of light penetration. I thought scrogg was another way to lst. I didn't have the clearance in my box if they were to go through and continue growing straight up. Damn im feenin

8. The idea with scrog is you weave the branches up through the screen, then back down, then up again, back down again, and so on, weaving the branches where you want to fill the screen and get multiple bud sites all at a level height.

9. Thanks for clarifying. I hadn't really looked into it that much. Depending on the box design, it might be a little tricky if you had to remove the screen. In my case, I would always have to water/fert through the screen onto the foliage. Im not sure if this is a bad thing though. Are there any limitations to the way I did it?