Scared of the future.

Discussion in 'General' started by Crooksallday, Nov 4, 2011.

1. If you grew up in my family, college graduations, graduation parties, and success is something every single one of my cousins shared. I have cousins that went to schools like Cal Poly slo, NYU, John Hopkins, Berkley, any university for that matter, and they all graduated. Even if they didn't go to college they ended up going to the military. I failed my trig test today, and everything just started crashing down. Maybe it's from growing up in this family who is used to seeing success, but I'm just terrified of the future. I go to a community college and I *HOPE* to get the opportunity to transfer to a good school. It's hard talking to all my uncles because when the topic of school comes up, I end up feeling inferior because they always talk about how successful everyone else in my family was in school. I feel like the black sheep of my family because of where I go to school, everyone else in my family started at the university, I started at the community college. I feel bad for being myself, because a lot of the time, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I feel like a second rate student compared to my cousins and it sucks.

2. Are you good at anything? Praise yourself for your effort, not your results. If you fail, but give it your all you are more worthy than someone who excels but doesn't have to try. Find something you're good at and pursue a career in that area. Do you like any trades?

3. Go to a Trade School that REALLY interests you.

but i mean.. The worlds gunna implode in a few years anyways. Enjoy life brother. Dont fear the unknown. Embrace it.

4. don't be scared homie, WE ALL GONNA DIE!!

5. #5 Crooksallday, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
    I'm majoring in computers. I like it because math and science are my strong points, I guess its when I started looking at what my all cousin's accomplished, I usually feel like I can't live up to them. I want to prove that I'm capable of the same thing, I guess I just need more confidence.

6. Dude live YOUR life.

You dont need to Match your cousin. Thats absurd.

His Accomplishments are HIS accomplishments.

Which im guessing..

are Different than YOUR accomplishments.

Your on your way to getting a Major guy. Im not even going to college.

7. If it was just one of my cousins I really wouldn't mind, its the whole entire wave of cousins that accomplished all kinds of things that intimidate me.

8. Don't live to please others, live to please yourself.

9. Your about to Major in Computers and Tech or something right?

Thats a fucking AWESOME accomplishment. Doesnt matter what your Cousins have done. Live Your Life Bro and Know that Youve already succeeded doesnt matter what your cousins have done.

and there Cousins.. Id understand the way you were thinking if it was like your brothers and sisters but even then.. its questionable..

i dont give a FUCK what my cousins accomplish. Just being honest. I mean if they succeed good on em but i got my own life to live and my own path to follow. Same for you.

10. it sounds like your trying to prove yourself to some-one elses expectations,,,

sounds like your family believes your nuthing without a college diploma,,:rolleyes:

well the world also needs bums to sleep under the overpass's.

beggers to stand at the off ramps of the interstate,,,:)

...and people who are strung out on drugs,,,:D

whats wrong with being that guy,?

so just be the strung out bum,,,,:wave: