Scare

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by REIS, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Today has been one of the better days for me in a long time.

Just one of those days that pass by so quickly, yet so much was accomplished.

There was a bit of a brush with the fuzz though, which always is typically sketchy.

Alight so I just got my license back after a 3 month supervision (This is a whole other story for a different day). I was still a little bit weary, because although I paid for it to become re-instated I never sent it in in the first place. Because of this I know I should of doubled checked, but I figured I should be fine.

So me and a buddy end up getting an eighth each and we decide to roll it up. Don't really want to have a piece on me in the car. Very frowned upon round these parts. And head off to pick up another buddy. Not soon after I notice a police man get up all behind me, turned off his head lights then throw on his cherries and blueberries.

The reason I had weed on me was because I was going to a local drum and bass/dubstep venue and I wanted to smoke on the way there.

Well I had to stay I was a bit nervous, but I know I had to keep my cool. He took my identification along with the others and took him back to his patrol car. He informed me that the reason was because of a rear license plate light failure. It seemed like forever. I felt as if he was just buying time to allow another officer to come by. Yes I seem paranoid but I had an quarter in my glove-box, and that would not go well if they found it. After twenty anxious minutes he finally came back to the car. Along with him was sure enough another officer. He asked me if I wanted to see the problem. I got out and looked at it, and thats when he pulled me aside...

He says this, " I don't want you to think that we were looking at your records, but do you go to the local university?" "Because there is a drug problem and we would like to know if we could search your car."

I was then a little nervous, but collected myself and looked the officer straight in the eye. I said, " Look sir, I'm already late enough as it is, I don't consent to any search.

Astounding enough he said, well alright, that is your right, you are free too go. And all was well, I was a little spooked though. (I know he is obligated to do this by law, but still.)

Anyway thanks for the rant. Couldn't tell my folks so I had to tell someone.

I spent the rest of the night smoking the herb and listening to one of my favorite producers, Nit Grit, performing live in the neighboring city.

2. good shit man, hope you had fun!

3. Stories like this make me glad I quit smoking

4. Lol @ the stupid shit cops say to try to search a car without a warrant. What a tool. Good job OP, for telling that piggy how it is.

5. That's why you have to know your rights. Attaway OP.

///M

6. wow man you deserved to have a good night. once i read that he asked to search i couldnt think of anything off the top of my head. and i wouldve been fucked..

but then again i wouldve had it in the trunk ;]

7. Nice, assert your rights.

Had a cop try to claim he smelled alcohol as soon as I opened my window the other night. I hadn't had a single drink, or even been near alcohol, only bud.

I looked him square in the eyes and politely said, "Officer, you are mistaken, I haven't touched a drop of alcohol tonight."

He walked away with my credentials, came back a few minutes later and bid me a nice night and safe driving.

Essentially he was opening with a blind accusation, nothing to back it up, hoping the person he pulled over had been drinking. What a load of bullshite!

p.s. he said pulled me over for having a license plate light out. Strangely when I went to check it out the next day, it worked fine. it wasn't out.

8. Glad you got away!

9. Thanks guys.

Part of the reason I lost my license in the first place was me not fully understanding my rights. The other was carelessness on my behalf, but you know what they say - live and learn.