Scaramucci: "I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sky dog, Jul 28, 2017.

1. I don't think you have a good sense of scale. No sense of what matters in a greater context, just a self-justified tail-chasing. We don't see eye to eye on the best way to deal with Trump; I think you are letting hysteria get your mind, and I think you are letting your personal hatred for Trump put you in a tiny box where all you can see is the minutiae.
    I don't think Scaramucci talking about cocksucking and being fired is a spec of dust in historical context. I don't think they'll be talking about how the Boy Scout Jamboree leader had to apologize for Trump's speech (which, I'll remind you, he got booming cheers for).

I don't think anything on the list you mentioned will be thought about fifty years from now, let alone ten, or five, or one, or even two months ahead. I refer you to the long list of hysterias that have blown away already, though I may be wrong - it may be that one hundred years they'll talk about how Don Jr met with someone for twenty minutes and that was the proof that Russia hacked America's election.

You give Trump way too much importance, and you give no importance to the pressing issues your country has.

Let me ask you again since you so tellingly ignored it; what led to Trump's election? What do you think the democratic party did wrong to fall so flat? What mistakes did your philosophical allies make to hand over power to Trump? I see no self-reflection in the American left, none at all, just a chain of hysteria.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. its important to remember the roll the press plays here. And to highlight it. Shout it from the rooftops. The press is the propaganda wing, the arm, for the dems. Which is why they do this. Seems stupid right? Well when you got nancy pelosi as your leader and cryin chuck schumer, you don't have policies to talk about. Nope. You got all this shit.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. What propaganda role did the press play in the recent debacle to hit the Shite House?

Trump and the band of idiots he has appointed to key positions in his administration have brought this on themselves. What Trump was thinking (or more than likely snorting) when he decided to appoint the Mooch is beyond me?

Don't get me wrong now I'm loving this shitfest, it's even better than we could have ever imagined. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving, day after day, week after week. I'm getting excited thinking about the numerous scandals that we are yet to feast our ears and eyes upon.

What's as funny though is his supporters. They're fanatical in their defence of the dear leader, in fact I think it's Jihadi like. Trumphadis!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. what roll did the press play? Really? Not advocating for anything that scaramucci said but, that reporter is the one who posted it as an interview when it really wasn't. Thats a pretty big roll right there. The whole russia farce is really the shining example though. There is nothing there, never was anything there at all. Russia is the distraction, mostly because it was really the dems who were working with them and others. But you know, the press is just doing their jobs....pushing a completely false narrative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

5. FFS if that journalist didn't run with that story he should be taken out and shot.
    You cannot seriously be defending the Mooch here, don't go full Trumphadi.

Trump through his ego maniac behaviour has brought all of this on himself, blaming the media is absurd and frankly ridiculous. There's no false narrative here, Trump is acting like a lunatic and being treated as such.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I said I wasn't condoning anything the guy said. I simply said that he thought he was off the record, even though he obviously didn't say it.
    The end result is not a surprise and it was a rookie move, there is no denying that. But saying that the media has played no roll is just plain dumb.

7. “I’m going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people. . . . We want top of the line professionals.” - Donald Trump

[​IMG]

Sorry I have not posted more. It is pretty much impossible to do so these days without showing a lack of respect. But I am reading, and laughing and waiting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hillary's email server! Bleachbit! Hammers! Infowars said...!

ROFL.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Mooch is priceless... He must have been in the middle of a snorting fest when he wrote that memo.

"During the brief moment that he was White House communications director, Anthony Scaramucci authored a memo detailing his plans for an overhaul of the West Wing staff culture, including “professionalizing initiatives” that included always treating people “respectfully”."

Scaramucci memo reveals his plan to 'professionalize' press office before firing

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. hmm..yeah. totally off his rocker

For example, no [White House] communication staffer goes home without returning all calls, emails, and texts. People may not like our answers – but they should always be treated professionally and respectfully (obviously, this starts with the new Director of Communications).”
    “Meet with media members (MSM, conservative media, and new media), where possible, on their home turf to build bridges and foster better working relationships,” he wrote. “WH should leave old grudges behind, but never forget.”

the gall of this guy. He was pissed because some fucking asshole leaked his personal information, called the reporter who published it. Got heated, said some stupid shit and lost his job because of it.
    But what exactly is wrong with what he put in this memo? Nothing, you just like to talk shit and probably didn't even read it.

11. #71 MickFoster, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017

12. The hypocrisy is seeping out of his statement. I'll give you a little hint -
    "they should always be treated professionally and respectfully".

13. To be fair, he does seem to be referring to the press, not his coworkers and I don't personally recall Scaramucci treating the press poorly over those ten days. Except for maybe grilling Ryan Lizza over his sources. That being said, he struck me as an enormous bullshit artist. The comments about Trump throwing perfect spirals and hitting three-pointers in a full tuxedo were eerily similar to the propaganda about Kim Jong Il hitting eighteen hole-in-ones and that sort of thing. Did he think anyone believed that for a second?

Ultimately, we'll never know how things would have panned out with The Mooch, but from the Trump administration's point of view, things should be better without him and with a more professional chief of staff.

• Like Like x 2
  14. They have found a replacement for the Mooch!!!

[​IMG]

"The fledgling Trump Presidency appears to finally be finding its groove after what was arguably one of its rockiest weeks.

Calm was first restored with the appointment of retired General John Kelly as a Chief of Staff properly empowered to assert the authority that the role requires.

This was quickly followed by the announcement that Beaker would take over the role vacated by Anthony Scaramucci, leading critics to breathe a huge sigh of relief.

“Finally competence is starting to take hold.”

Though some expressed surprise at the Muppet’s appointment to the specific role of communications director, more seasoned observers of the Trump administration insist this is good move."

Appointment Of Beaker As White House Communications Director Draws High Praise – Breaking Burgh

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. I heard the local ABC propaganda anchor actually call him The Mooch when "covering" this. Can you even imagine the shit storm that would have happened from someone msm calling names on live TV to someone back on Obama's administration?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. #76 MickFoster, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    That's the name he prefers to be called. I think he views it as that Italian mob nickname thing. Nice try!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. You're shitting me? I've never heard that. If it's true then I retract.

18. italian mob? your joking right? Its called a nickname. Steve mariucci was a coach for the detroit lions. His nickname is also mooch. Everyone always said it was because of his last name. hmm...must be a mob thing too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. No need. We in the "Deep State" have learned to ignore senseless and groundless defenses of Trump and his people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Steve Mariucci doesn't project himself as a profane, tough-guy, New Yorker, so I wouldn't make a connection with the mob because of his nickname. Scaramucci on the other hand has a Napoleon complex and likes to project the persona of a profane, loud-mouth hard ass. In his few interviews during his brief but entertaining encounter in the W/H, he frequently reminded everyone of his Italian heritage and many times referred to people as paisan. It's not the nickname it's the person.