Scaramucci: "I'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sky dog, Jul 28, 2017.

1. What would the "liberals" do if he becomes presidential?
    Talk about policy and important stuff?
    What would the resistors do?
    If he becomes presidential you guys will go more nuts than you already are.

The young sjw's might have to take a civics lesson or something.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Well, I guess the chances of having a civil discussion are out the window. Why the hostility? Did I do something to provoke you?

3. Not only did Trump kick him to the curb but so did his wife.
    Looks like John Kelly has began cleaning up the CESSPOOL Trump Administration.....Make America Proud John .

4. No.
    I wasn't intentionally being hostile.
    Sorry if I gave you that impression.

But.. your first reply to my comment.. Was that what you consider the start of a civil conversation?

But for real.. What would CNN and the liberals do if trump stopped saying mean and stupid things?
    They'd have to talk policy.. Which many are incapable if doing.

But he won't be presidential and won't stop doing mean things, so it's kind of moot I guess.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Wonder if spicey stays on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. None of my statements were intended to be hostile or to encourage a hostile response. I made no disrespectful personal remarks about you - I simply pointed out that you found trump's behavior amusing, in response that you would find him boring if he acted presidential. Both sides judge each other by whether they are liberal or conservative and put them all in the same basket. I have nothing against republicans and I fully expected the policies to change in favor of conservative views when a republican was elected to office. I've been voting for 50 years and I have seen it flip flop many times - it's always expected. My problem is with our president's behavior, not his policies. I understand that most people in the country are fed up with politicians and want to drain the swamp in Washington - I do as well. But Trump is not the guy to do it in my opinion.

7. Fair enough.. Again my intention wasn't to be hostile.
    My problem with him is his policy and staffing decisions.
    I could care less how he acts, if we get good healthcare, low taxes, some progress with the opioid issue, an end to the aggressive foreign policy and nation building etc.
    Cutting costs, and doing something about the disgusting waste of money and bureaucracy that is the federal government.

I think he's an asshole, but that's not why I'm not a fan of his.
    It's 100% policy with me.
    Maybe it's because I'm from the NYC area and know people who act like this guy, and I'm numb to it.. I donno.
    But I honestly could care less about what he says and how he acts.
    I just want someone who can do a good job, and so far he isn't performing to my satisfaction.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Agreed.

9. Gotta take a screen shot of that..

:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. With all due respect, which policy? Most of Big Don's policies change weekly if not sooner. What happened to better and cheaper healthcare for everyone? Blaming the media is getting real old. Blaming the media for reporting on Don's erratic behavior is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]

[Opinion]

Trump's mean and stupid things are the pikes the American left keep impaling themselves on, as long as they keep running headlong into them. Trump stabs himself in the foot all the time with the same weapon, don't get me wrong here. Since we're on the CNN liberals, though, two critical points of weakness in their strategy, as I see:

1) The message right now is 'fuck you racist bigot russian spies drumpf drumpf drumpf'. So much progress could be made if they simply ignored Trump on everything but policy, and spoke to nothing but their own proposed policy.
    2) Furthermore, if these attacks weren't so constant, childish and hysterical, I think a lot of people who now feel - by human nature - obligated to 'defend' Trump, or at the very least offer resistance to the CNN playbook - wouldn't, and much of Trump's support would wane.

To return to the pike analogy, outflank that shit, you bumps on a log. Being defeated by Donald J. Trump in an national election is a humiliation of galactic proportions. I think this humiliation also makes it harder to face the inner self, and instead sharpens the bitter stakes of antagonism.

Makes my asshole tighten like a slip knot on their behalf.

TLDR;

If the American left presents a stoic, self-reflective nature in their defeat, examines what Trump did well, tones down the hysteria, and repackages that behind a charismatic, young or un-associated up-n'-comer, then they'll take the whole gingerbread house, candy canes and all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I agree that too much air time is given to the trump bullshit, and I agree that more progress could be made if they simply ignored trump. But the problem is not what the press covers, it's trump himself. If he didn't constantly say "mean and stupid things" there wouldn't be anything to report on. Name one public statement that any president in history has made that was ignored by the press and not reported on. Everything any president says in public is news. To blame the news media for reporting the words of the President of The United States is ridiculous.

• Like Like x 4
  13. #53 MickFoster, Aug 1, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    So lets look at one week of trump news that you feel should be ignored by the press.

1. He made a speech to the Boy Scouts and within a day the head of the Boy Scouts had to offer apologies for the inappropriate content of the president's speech.
    2. He made a speech for law enforcement officers on Long Island and within a day 8 police department heads made statements denouncing the president's views on the handling of prisoners.
    3. His new communications director calls a reporter and calls the wh chief of staff a paranoid schizophrenic and says the president's chief advisor sucks his own dick.
    4. Congress agrees 98-2 to handcuff the president and not allow him to lift the sanctions on Russia
    5. He puts out a tweet saying that transgenders are not allowed to serve in the military - so far the military is refusing to follow that order.
    6. For 3-4 days he repeatedly trashed his attorney general by tweeting disparaging remarks. The first member of congress to pledge his loyalty.

That's just one week in trumpland and you think that it should be ignored by the press? Give me break.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Seriously now, does anyone else think The Mooch was off his meds when he gave that interview, or perhaps was on something?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying he's a saint otherwise and that, that one interview was just a slip of character, but I find it utterly weird that a highly placed White House staffer would talk like that. Even a Trump one.

I'm sure he talks like that a lot behind closed doors, but to have him let it out on record without filter is plain weird.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I stopped thinking that anything out of this white house is weird a long time ago - nothing shocks me anymore. Sadly, this and many other weird things have become commonplace and happen daily in the W/H.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mooch must have found Kelly Ann Conway's Ecstasy stash.

17. KellyAnne Conway and ecstasy in the same breath made me throw up a little in my mouth.

18. #58 VikingToker, Aug 1, 2017
    Edit: 'CNN-liberals' = those who echo CNN's constant shitslinging, for clarification.

Let me try to clear it up what I think is two people talking right past each other:

First off, let me make it clear that my focus is the large scale. My philosophy on politics is that you must know your enemy (Trump, in this case), and play the chess board two moves ahead. When you reflect back on the election, and how all the attention was on the day-to-day of grabbing pussies and not on the blue-collar worker's ails or XYZ, then you'll begin to see what I mean here.
    I think this is what has led America to where it is today, and I wish to counteract that. I hate to see the state of constant bitchfighting you're in, and I'm beginning to suspect that a tragically large number of you prefer the thrills of arguing over the hard work of diplomacy.

Thus, I think you misunderstand me past the point of our agreement - I don't blame the news media, I blame the American citizen. I think both the root of the problem and the root of the solution lies with how the citizen handles the current situation, and to what degree that citizen can realize where power lies.
    I never said the news should ignore Trump's tweet, I said think the American citizen should. The news will tell you what sells, and often it's hysteria. Focus instead on building the battleship that will sink Trump in 2020.

I think you should be picking up hammers and nails and shaking hands instead of shitting into them and throwing it around, to make it real simple. Do you disagree with this? And when I say you, it's the general you, not MickFoster.

Do not mistake my strategy proposal as a defense of Trump - I think there's a mean tendency in American politics to think 'either you're with us, or you're against us'. So, if I'm not constantly shitting down Trump's throat, I must be his fan and protector. No.
    I'd love to give you a break, and I will. What I said was to focus on his policy, and nothing but that. Scaramucci talking about sucking dick is not policy. Examine your list - they are mostly tiny details, nothings, dust in the wind in the larger scale of politics, which spans years.
    When you throw up a shitstorm over - to take another controversial example, the transgenders in the army issue - then you fail to realize what a massive machinery Trump has to overcome to make these insane tweets a reality. As you point out yourself, the military hasn't done anything towards that tweet. Because it was a tweet. But it filled the consciousness of Americans, fueled rage, and distracted you massively from the myriad of extremely important issues you should be focusing on. In that specific case, you could and should have just shook your head at Trump, and turned right back around to building your alliances and platform proposals for 2020. One of which, then, would be to keep transgenders in the army. Does that example clarify what I mean? You can ignore his tweets when they make no difference, and avoid feeding the demon. This has the added bonus of spiking his ire - Trump thrives on attention. Don't give it to him unless you must.

Again, not ignored by the press, ignored by you. You should be highly suspicious of your press, by now, they haven't proven themselves to be guardians of journalism. Rather, they go where they get paid - to controversies, dramas, feeding off of what sells - hate, anger, and fear.
    I'd love to see the American citizen turn away from the ceaseless antagonism, which you extend to others (examine the tone you address me and others with, for example, and we're pretty much in total agreement on policy, which is what matters), and instead reflect on why he is President, and what can be done to counteract that in the next election. America needs diplomacy between the citizens that disagree. It hasn't been needed this much since 1861.

Let me ask you this, as a counterpoint; in your view, and I know I'm asking an opinion here, but what led to Trump winning the election? In as much detail as you'd like, I'm curious as to your process of mind, here.

• Like Like x 2
  19. #59 MickFoster, Aug 1, 2017
    Really?
    Speaking of policy - trump's policies change with the wind - he has no policy. You're suggesting that the news media concentrate and report on something that doesn't exist. Hell, he does even talk about policy - he's too busy creating daily chaos by trashing everyone with his childish tweets.
    I would not call anything on my list tiny details. This is the President of The United States - everything he does and says is historical record which not only spans for years, but forever.

You can spin this in your typical philosophical way like always, but the bottom line is if we didn't have a narcissistic idiot in the W/H who has no idea what he's doing, has no solid policy agenda, and embarrasses all of us daily with his childish comments and statements, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. what happened? I know you are not from the united states, but maybe you should focus your attention on the house of "representatives" and the senate. They are the ones killing healthcare, not trump.

Mooch had said that he thought he was off the record with these comments. It sounds like he called this reporter to get confirmation that priebus was the leaker, which i think he probably was. He said these things not knowing they would be published, which is obviously a rookie mistake. I was surprised to read the 'interview', since it was billed as an interview, but in actuality it was just him venting. Big deal. Makes sense trump would allow his new chief of staff make that determination and its not a surprise that a 4 star general wouldn't want to put up with loose cannon like mooch. but damn he was entertaining!