Scam?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by greenerdeaner, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Hey all

I put a tube on craigslist yesterday an receive an interesting response...check it out and tell me what you think:

"Hello,
    I saw your your item for sale at craigslist and i must confess to you it is exactly what i wanted,My exact specification and also like my old one i wanna replace.I do understand you want to sell it for $200 but i don't mind ill give you an extra of $50 to keep other buyer's off because i don't want to loose this at all .I have called my client who is responsible for this payment. and i have told him, a money order of $1350 will be issued out to you.Please as soon as you get the money order go get it cashed. You will deduct the whole amount for this transaction and send the rest balance to my shipper company. You don't have to worry about the shipment
    since they will handle everything as soon as the wire has been made to them via Money Transfer.
    Please kindly respond back and confirm with this follows information
    Full Name:
    Address:
    City, State, Zip code:
    Cell Phone #:
    Home Phone #:

So that payment can be made out to you as soon as possible.
    Regards to your family..

Latandra Jones.
    (206-339-8391)
    "

2. the phone number just leads to that annoying internet calling sound lol

3. Yeah that's a scam...I've been through a few of them and like the old saying says, "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is". My most recent one was on craigs list when I was trying to find a Boxer puppy to buy/adopt. This person contacted me and said they had a puppy they had to get rid of and the dog would be free to me, including shipping...went through a whole bunch of BS...got charged $100 for a phone call to Africa and a whole lot of wasted time.

Plus, anything involving seems sketchy to me.

4. don't do it, that's for sure. It's probably some person saying that they'll give you a money order and when you go to cash it, it will come up as fraud or theft or some bullshit. I forget how it happens, but there's people that do that kind of stuff. Even w/ food stamps. They'll give you food stamps to buy yourself groceries, you use em, then the guy reports them stolen and you get arrested

5. sounds like a piggy to me

6. Not a piggy, just a scammer.

That's an old scam that has been tried many, many times.

Like the guy before me said "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is." Keep that in mind especially when dealing with craigslist and shit.

Good luck on your sale man, be smart.

7. The only info one needs for a MO is your name and city thats it. This is a scam. Stay away

8. Water pipes are legal, so why would a pig respond?

9. Is this a scam?

genius

10. Yeah thought so

thanks guys

I hope I don't get charged for calling that number though :/

edit:

/thread

11. Water pipes are actually illegal under federal law;)

12. Yes that is a scam. Someone tried this EXACT trick on my mom for her motorcycle on craigs list. He wants to send you a check. You will cash the check and send his"partner" the money from the check. Then the check wont clear later on. So you will have sent that money to his partner and have nothing to makeup for it. Something like that... but it happened to me so i know what hes trying to do.

13. scam right thurr

14. someone did the same thing to me on craiglist. And said the same things.Than sent me a check for $3000 but it was a fake check.yea scam.

15. dude i promise you this is a scam, ive sold $1000s on there and when this scam first started, my mom shipped a computer to one of the ppl and never got paid.
    the number 1 ruler with craigslist is that you should always meet the buyer in person and its not a very good idea to have them come to your house, meet them at a store around the corner. good luck sellin the tube

16. haha I get the idea, I was 99.9% sure it was a scam already

please close this thread

17. Yep someone tried this on me earlier this year. Dr.Colling

18. DON'T DO THIS...they send you too much money on purpose. Not too hard to explain but I'm high so I won't but in the end you are paying him...and he gets the item.

19. Well I guess since no one is reading my posts this can be a guide for others lol

20. Hey check your PMs.