Scam of the day !

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Cali Smokes, Jul 8, 2010.

1. So I've been looking for a second job and finally got a call back from VECTOR MARKETING, the lady who called explained that I could make 16$/hour and havea flexible schedule to fit my personal needs, I was estactic and followed by asking what the job invovled....SHE HAD NO CLUE and told me I'd find out at the interview. That seemed sketch but I decided hey what the hell right?

The next day I arrived at 9AM to a small building that looked like it was being renovated, but the building was still fairly new looking. Seemed pretty legit. So with that, I entered the building and found the room number they had given me.

When I opened the door, I entered a large room about 40 feet long and 20 feet wide. There were pictures all over the place of young people in suits with huge smiles on their faces, along with about 30 trophies scattered all over the place. "This is the shit!", I told myself.

a young woman asked if I was there for the interview and gave me a sheet to fill out---the sheet was pretty similar to the same one I filled out online, except this one asked about previous job experience, and some stupid questions about whether we work hard and what our career goals were. Seemed painless enough. While I was filling out the form, more people started coming in. Most of them had suits and ties, and I started to wonder inside if I was under dressed (I went business casual).

So I get called in and theres about 10 other people in this room along with the "BOSS MAN" who tells everyone to take a seat and begins his long weak ass presentation. The presentation started with a demonstration that included two knives, one visibly rusty and one brand new, and a piece of rope. This is when things started to get noticeably absurd. He took the first knife, and began trying to cut the piece of rope.

Struggling to cut the rope, he asked us confused minions "Now, what do you guy's notice about this knife?". Someone raised their hand "It doesn't cut?". "Exactly!" he said emphatically. He then took the newer, non-rusty knife, and cut through rope, asking again "What do you guys notice?" Another hand raised "It cuts right through?". "EXACTLY, good". He then went on to explain that if we got the job, we would be selling these knives that were far superior to any other knives out there in the market. Finally, I found out what we'd be fucking doing! I don't know why the secretary couldn't have told me this in the first place.

This is when the BULLSHIT actually begins and the reason why I wrote this long story, he then tells us that we have to pay not $100 BUT $200 for the set of knives... I took a look around the room and everyone seemed amazed and still interested but me I BURST out into a fit of laughter, everyone turns and looks at me and the "BOSS MAN" asks whats so funny. I reply with : YOU GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

He then tells me to get the fuck out and grabs me, I tell him to take his hands off me and he doesnt listen so I give him a shove just to get him off, he then punches me in the face and were off fighting in this office with all these people around, pictures being smashed, trophies on the floor until some of the group breaks it up. I then try to walk out the door and this guys just not done !

He follows me out to my car calling me everything in the books from a Nigg... to bitch pussy you name it. I finally just say look if you dont back the fuck up we can go again. And what do you know were fighting once again after he rushes me and slams into my car. The fight is over within minutes becasue hes leaking blood all over the place from getting slamed on the floor from intially trying to rush me. He walks back into his office and I hop in my car and leave and spark a blunt and now I'm typing this and still cant believe it just happnened.

Sorry for spelling errors or anything got kinda lazy towards the end.:wave:

TL;DR

Went to a interview which turned out to be a scam and fought the Boss of the Vector.

2. Fucking crazy man! Everyone probably left right after you too, serves him right.

3. "whats the first thing you notice about this knife?"
    its old and rusty as hell..here, i got a non rusty one in my pocket..try this...oh? it cuts rite thru you say? well..how about i just go clean and sharpen that other one for yah and you can give ME $200 ^.-

;)

they had a kiosk thing at the mall a while back with those things...tried to pull it...untill i showed my knife worked JUUUUST fine:rolleyes:

4. Yeah I get a bunch of letters from this company. It's obvious that it's a scam if you google it. I wish I could have seen the fight though.

5. Isn't Vector a well known scam?

6. That sucks you wasted your time dude. At least you fucked up his day.

hehe, nice.

A salesman from that place came to my moms place trying to say are knifes sucked, and my mom did the same thing. He was like "oh well them must me fairly new" and my mom said "no I've had this set for about 12 yrs now, bought them at wal mart". :D

She also asked them if they sold anything for the handicapped, of course they said no. So she got out a few knives my brother has, there not even sharp so you can't accidentally hurt yourself. You use them by rocking the knife back and forth instead of sawing like most knives. The dude was amazed by them, and was surprised they cut through everything the dude said nothing could cut except the shit he was selling.

The Vector company sucks, I've known a few people that tried to sell their shit and they all just ended up loosing money in the end. The only people that buy the shit is the sales people. After a few weeks of not selling shit you realize your stuck with the dumbass $200 set you can't get rid of.

7. Dude! I've had an interview at that same building with that same company here in San Diego. It's a well-known scam in the area now, but people still go there. I didn't laugh during the interview, I just walked out and said "This is bullshit".
    I'm glad you had the balls to kick his ass though. gj.

you're in SD? dude we need to smoke out loool

8. A few people walked out when he mentioned the $200! After the first rumble people stormed out haha.

I had no idea, never heard of them until I walked in.
    Yea Im more angry I wasted like half my tank of gas .

Haha thats crazy man .

9. thanks!
    and ive seen those handi-capped knives...those thins are great, i was actually thinking about getting some for aidan when he starts needing to cut his own food, not cuz hes handi-capped but because hes a toddler...and hed run a higher risk of hurting himself with a butter knife than those;)

10. That's pretty hilarious I must say. Getting into a fight with the salesman.

11. hahaha i just went for the interview for this yesterday and I had such a bad interview but got the job..... I ended up quitting this morning before the training though cause i found out its a scam

12. dude thats insane!~
    but the man should have kept his hands to himself.

13. Fuckers keep emailing me

14. Ya man Vector is a joke. They have it in the LA area too and people at my college always pass out flyers for it. I know someone who works there and it is POSSIBLE to make 16/hr if you're really lucky or an amazing salesperson or whatever other reason but she said she makes around minimum wage doing it.

15. Thats great man. I have been in a few of those fucking situations where I felt the same way but I was never attacked! Hah thats a trip man, that guy was pissed that you laughed at his scam.

Thats totally awesome tho, really. haha

16. Yeah that's a good idea.

My mom asked about them because at the time my bro was just about to move out, and she wanted to get one for herself because it works so well.

17. Man the receptionist just called and apologized and had the audacity(sp?) to ask If I wanted to set up another meeting with a different DM lmao !!

18. See if you can scare them into paying you. Tell them you were hurt pretty badly and you were thinking of filing assault charges.

19. wtf is wrong with them.

ooo good idea.

20. #20 Thetave, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2010
    This exact same thing happend to me last summer , i was stoked at first lol 16$ an hour , i went to the first 2 days of training 8 hours, non fucking paid then the last day they asked for 150$ dollars, i was like ,yea the fuck right. I didnt show for the last day of training, they called me and left me emails & messages, lmao people reallly paid that shit. Yea fuck vector lmao @ the penny cutting demo .