Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scales?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Caked&Baked, Nov 24, 2008.

1. What kind of scales would you guys recommend i get?
    im not lookin to spend more than $150 though...and i just need something basic not super fancy

2. your budget is way too large..... go on ebay, spend 20, 30, or even 50 bucks. Get a digital scale that measures at least 100 grams, is accurate to .01 or .001 grams, and get a 100 gram weight right away so you can recalibrate it every once in a while.

3. ^^ exactly what he said man. Or if you dont like ordering online/ebay, go to any headshop they have pretty nice ones for around $40.

4. 150$!!! i think thatll get you any scale you need bro

look for one with a digital output, and acurate to 0.01 or even 0.001 with that budget.

5. gas station,, had a better scale than i bought from a headshop, for like half the price

6. hey you can find cheaper, check radio shack they are going out of busines soon so there might be a cheap one there. damn no more radio shack that sucks

7. Yeah, $150 is way too large of a budget.

If you just need one for making sure your purchases are legit (not dealing), you'll really only need one that measures to 0.1g. If you need one for dealing (not that anyone here does that), 0.1g would do fine, but 0.01g would be nice to get more exact numbers. 0.001g is just plain unnecessary unless you're dealing with small amounts of coke, meth, etc. You shouldn't have to spend more than $35 at the very most.

8. well it says there that it doesnt even measure in grams so i would be thinking its no good.

9. Here's a cheap one that seems great for weighing weed...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Polder-Pocket-Size-Digital-Scale/dp/B0002EXVH8"]Amazon.com: Polder Pocket Size Digital Scale: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

10. These are my two favorites:

AWS Blade
    [​IMG]

My Weigh 400-Z Hemp
    [​IMG]

11. i was going to buy a scale from BBB it was 50 bucks i did not get it insteed i saved it and said i could get bud with it lol and if you go meet your dealer in the open then there is no point in getting a scale because you cant whip out a scale and put some weed on it to see if it is the right amount

12. The Blade is a great scale. That's what I use, but that hemp scale looks fucking sick. And I don't know where all of you guys are from, but I've never seen a scale at a gas station in Pennsylvania or really at any headshops.

13. this is my scale it costs 30$ goes up to 222grams:smoking:
    [​IMG]

14. Definetly Ebay, or this site
    http://www.wholesale-scales.com/ind...ath=20&zenid=8e9c88250d8f9b7730e8cd79667d30ba
    has a large selection of scales, make sure it comes with a calibration weight too.
    You really wouldnt need to spend more than $30, maybe if you want a fancier one 40 or 50, get a simple pocket scale that measures to .01 at least. Also if you check on ebay make sure that you dont pay 40 bucs for somethin that would be 20 if you looked for 5 more seconds.