Scale

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by brttwrd, Sep 4, 2013.

1. #1 brttwrd, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    I need a scale for measurement, where can I get a nice lightweight yet accurate one for little cost? I'm less concerned about where and more concerned in what the community recommends.Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 SpyDragon, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    I'm personally of the belief that what you look for in a scale depends on your personal needs.

If you're just looking for something to make sure that the price tag matches the bag, you can get away with a cheap 1 decimal place scale most of the time. My first scale was a little like this. I bought a Fuzion Xtreme XTR-650 mini scale for 30 dollars used, a little over a year later and I still use the thing. My only qualm with it is that it is a little tricky to keep anything bigger than a quo on it.

If you wanted something nicer with more decimal places, Fuzion makes some nicer models and I've had good experiences with Palmscale products. 

When you buy your scale pay attention to things like readability, the capacity, and the actual size of the thing. You can test how accurate it is with a coin, a US nickel for instance should weigh 5 grams flat. You can pick one up online (grasscity sells them under the 420 liftstyle section of the shop, there's also EDI, Amazon, etc) or in a headshop. You can also use a sensitive kitchen scale, or anything labeled herbal scale.

3. @[member="SpyDragon"] Thank you so much! extremely helpful

4. I have had this scale for a year and a half and it still works despite all the troubles I've put it through (being stepped on, dropped multiple times, stashed away in the freezer and accidentally thrown away). It's pretty durable. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to spend too much on a scale and who needs to be able to carry it everywhere.

[​IMG]

Buy: http://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scale-Minicd-100-Digital/dp/B002UKT85Q/ref=sr_1_11?s=bedbath&ie=UTF8&qid=1378313790&sr=1-11&keywords=gram+scale