Scale problems

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by ohchit, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Might not be able to talk about this so in advance sorry. But idk, if my scale says a nickel is 5 grams, that means its accurate right? I picked up a quarter and its weighing to 5.7. I just want to make sure its accurate idk

2. yes they are 5grams but very like .02grams and if its not your scale is means you were shorted by the dealer seems like maybe he weighted it in the bag and not factoring in the weight of said bag

3. So if it comes out to 5 grams on my scale, my scale is calibrated correctly? Give or take the .02.

4. yea, nickel is 5g's +/- .05 or so

most paper bills are 1g too

but 1.3 is about how much the bag usually weighs, sounds like he weighed the bag too

5. Im going to weigh it out in the bag. I know he didnt do it on purpose because we've been really good friends for years, stoney bologna probably did weigh it in the bag. :p

6. don't fall for the coin weight urban myth BS...weigh a few different nickles...the alloy used changes and the weight varies...they are NOT calibration weights.

..and bills are not weight calibration standards either...jeez...kids these days believe the silliest things.

7. Okay what should i use? I just got this scale today from a friend i dont have a weight.

8. Yes ur sale should be fine but try to pick up a 100g or 500g calibration weight just to be safe in the future

9. All 4 nickels were 5.0

10. Now its saying 5.4.. I think this scale might be fucked up or something cuz its .3 less now and this does look like a quarter to me

Attached Files:

11. It's hard to tell weight by look since it depends so much on the strain and how it was cured. Also a basic fold top baggies weight 1.16-1.22

12. This one weighs 2.2 :confused:

Fuck it, haha

13. I would weigh the weed in a cup or something. It's more accurate than piled on the scale IMO.

14. Yeah i did earlier, 5.7 four times in a row after the whole nickel = 5.

15. Yeah tell your homie he weighed it in the bag and to get another half eighth

16. The only thing that i want to say is that i weighed the bag and it came out to 2.2, so i dont know if that means anything? He said he just recently got a new scale, so it might just be mine, since i had to recalibrate it earlier and its been inbetween a mattress for god knows how long haha