Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scale or no scale?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by h3mp21, Sep 12, 2012.

1. So lately I haven't been buying anything larger than a Quarter.
    I don't deal, or buy in large quantities. I buy about twice once a month.
    My question is should I buy a scale for personal use? Just to make sure I'm getting what I pay for? I don't drive and smoke, or ride around with bud in my car (just to get it & bring it home).

Just want some opinions here. Thanks :)

2. Yah of course. Usually you just have a feel for how much an 1/8 is in a baggie, or a 1/4. But if you want to weigh it (which you should) then just pick up a cheap scale from a grocery store

3. For sure. You can get a great 100x.01g scale for 25 USD on amazon. I know I did.

Really helps out to know how much each bowl piece can fit and who skimps

4. yeah get one, sometimes i just love weighing out big nugs and guessing what they'll be before i put them on the scale

5. I bought a cheap scale from Amazon so I can measure when I make edibles. I used to just eyeball it, but it's better to weigh it out.

6. Definitely do it. It'll only be around $20, and is basically insurance for weed :p

7. I was thinking the same thing but I don't want to order it, where can I buy one? There aren't many smoke shops by my house either

8. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read in one of the stickies that if a cop searches your car and finds bud, then also finds a scale, he can hit you with a distribution charge even if it's a small amount. I think that's what I've read.... So if it's true just be careful.

9. I think it's absolutely necessary to have a scale, I mean I bought one before I even ever smoked my first time because I knew it was so important. Don't drive with it or take it out of the house and don't keep it by your weed in your house either, just in case. You don't wanna get hit with distribution charges. I bought a nice American Weigh one that's accurate by .1g up to 1000 grams for only around $12 USD. Cheers! Best wishes.

10. I suppose I'll get one. I was mainly worried about the whole distribution if caught deal. I suppose if i dont drive with it & I keep it in the kitchen & out of my stash box- ill be okay!

Thanks!!

11. i got a 100x.00 for $10 on amazon, works great

12. Nope.

My dealer weighs mine in front of me... and I only buy from 1 guy so no need for extra paraphernalia

13. OP - If you're wondering about whether you should get one, then you should get one...
    Gives you peace of mind if nothing else.
    Just use it in the home, don't take it to buys and keep it somewhere discreet.

14. I'm gonna get one today. The person I go through apparently thinks because I'm a girl, I don't know anything... So yeah lol. Pretty sure I got ripped off last night on a quarter sack.