Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

scale calibration.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thewalrusiam, Jun 25, 2010.

1. When did I say he need a scale accurate to the hundredth? I simply pointed out that nothing is accurate. I would bet the average nickel is off by .5 or more, although if it's off by more than a hundredth it's still going to be a shitty mass for calibration - one hundred nickels, all off by even .5, is going to leave the whole scale off by .1 of a gram, which is a pretty big deal imo.

Calibration masses aren't expensive or hard to find, just order one. Or take it to the local high school or college and borrow one :)

2. I'm just saying if you're worried about your scale being off, then you might invest in a $5 set of calibration weights.

I mean, being .1 off isn't a big deal, unless you bag up a pound of eights a week, in which case you'd be way off near the end.

I'm feeling alot of sensitivity in this thread.

3. I didnt even need to calibrate my scale. I mean It came with a weight, but when you press "tare" aand put the weight on, it says 100.00. so fuck that xD

4. Yeah when you hit "tare" it goes to zero.

But if you then put a 100g weight on it and it says 105g then you need to calibrate.

Does that make any sense?

5. I know what calibration is. Mine came pre calibrated, apparently, because I weighed the 100g weight without calibrating it, and it said 100.00

6. 3 or 4? Dude most of the nickels will be almost clean. It will build up yes, but not to 3 or 4 grams of error... your only doing 50 for the calibration. I doubt he will be dealing more than 10 grams at a time. That's barely an error and it's quite easy to compensate the loss, just know how inaccurate the error is (simple math) and put in that much more.

7. #27 Grandma Gudenhi, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
    That's weird about the nickels??? I've been using nickels for decades. Maybe it's the new nickels that don't weigh right? Everytime I've weighed an old nickel it's been 5gr.
    I do know if I add small increments of weight to my digi, I will have to tap it now and then to get it to read right. I also know if it's not on a level surface it will weigh off. But nickels? Are we sure on this?

I only have six nickels. Now I'm going to have to collect up a bunch of nickels just to test it so I can buy a weight if needed. Nevermind. You all are right. No big deal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]