Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scale accuracy

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ElementGREEN, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Im trying to pick a scale to buy, but dont know if i should get a .1 g accuracy or .01 g accuracy. Based on you guys experience with scales, would .1 accuracy work fine, or do they sometimes give a little to much/little.
    If u guys are thinking, "it's only .1 g too much. It doesnt matter". Every ounce sold would save you about 3 grams, so it's worth it to me.

2. The .1g scales are fine. They work well, and I don't doubt their accuracy

3. Well, you should have a dealer with a scale. But if you don't, and you do mind to the exact amount, get the .01 scale. However, the .1 scales work fine.

4. i have both, but i usually use my .1 since its always in my car because it looks like a cd case. my .01 is bigger and stays home. i trust both scales and .1 is fine and will cost you less

5. They always do, but I like to check it too just in case. Also i occasionally sell to friends so I didn't know if I should get a .01 for my new scale.

6. i got a .1 that i dont mind, but if i was gonna get a new one i would for sure get a .01, like you said, shit adds up

7. ive had both, got a .1 now. get a .01 its worth the little bit of extra moneys

8. #8 ElementGREEN, Oct 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
    That's what I'm thinking. Plus I can continue to use .01 if "more is needed by my friends". And the scale looks way cooler! :D

9. A .1 scale will be accurate to whole grams, and essentially guess the tenths.

They are consistently accurate and all you need.

A .01 scale would do the same thing, but measure to tenths of grams, guessing the hundredths place. You would not need the precision offered.

10. Just get a .1, the .01 isn't really needed for weed.

11. FYI, we can't talk about dealing here :)

As dirtridge mentioned, a .01 should be accurate & precise to the .1g (tenths) level; the .01g (hundredths) level could be less precise and/or accurate.

(In case you didn't know, precision and accuracy are different things. This site seems to do a good job of explaining them.)

12. #12 ElementGREEN, Oct 25, 2011
    I had a feeling were not allowed to... You know if we Can we use SWIM to talk about selling???

I always assumed precision and accuracy went hand in hand though. If you get a .01 you're more likely to be more accurate to the tenth if it's a decent scale. Where with a .1 scale you could be weighing 1.09 grams and it would still say 1 g.

13. Doubt it. The rules say

Depends on the scale, though...some scales will "round off" (e.g. 1.09g on some 0.1g increment scales would read 1.1g).

And, yes, precision and accuracy usually go hand in hand with good, calibrated measuring tools. Some tools are more-or-less permanently calibrated...a ruler is a decent example. But accuracy != precision.

14. #14 Bundermeyer, Oct 25, 2011
    More accurate is more accurate. So I got a .01. I haven't weighed up any brocolli on it yet but I chose it for accuracy
    Edit: Be careful when gifting stuff. Think with wisdom over current benefits

15. If you're a dealer trying to give out pinner bags, get a 0.01g scale. If not, get a 0.1g scale.

16. 0.00g don't be a jew.

17. I've always used my weigh palmscales..0.1..and I always weigh my dimes 1.8 anyways so whatever

18. .1 is fine if you're dealing with smaller amounts of weed. But for some other things .01 is better.

19. I am a Jew, shit-dick. :mad:

20. 0.001 is the only way,