SB & GA’s autoflower myth busters thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokexbreak, May 30, 2019.

1. wE
    Well, that formatted really weird. It's the bottom two pics I'm talking about. Looks like you have to click to expand. My concern with defoliating right now is stressing the ladies.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nice! I have been debating topping my first grow. How many plants, grow area, lights, etc have you got going on? Are those smart pots?

• Like Like x 2

3. Thanks! I have two plants, each with their own light.

QB96 Elite V2 Engine

My tent is 32x32x63. I have 3 fans blowing from different directions. And they’re five gallon fabric pots. And I have a carbon filter which I’ve been using for 1 1/2 years and it still works awesome. My first grow I used blurples and the difference is unbelievable. Big rock hard buds as opposed to fluffy.

• Like Like x 1

4. I’m thinking about snipping those two giant leafs, but I’ve never defoliated this early. But they’re really big. I’m very tempted to cut them. Opinions?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I need some fans to blow on the plants. Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 1

6. I just buy cheap clip on fans.One I have blowing over the top of my lights. They can put out some heat, especially if they’re at full power, which I only do in late flower.

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is my FB Blue Dreamatic at day 22. It’s mostly Sativa 75/25. Does my plant look leggy and sparse like it’s not getting enough light or is this just how Sativas grow? I have one qb96 over each plant.

F8EBCF80-1C79-4AD1-8078-2663C27D165B.jpeg

6DD69DD7-F655-4416-AA25-6948D4E248AE.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Day 22 from seed? If so I’d say it’s looking pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

10. Thank you! And yes day 22 from seed. It’s an AF.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Then in my opinion it’s looking good. I have an auto older then that. Not sure on day. I’ll have to look. But it’s older and smaller them that. Mines a northern light. I grew before and didn’t much like it. I think poor genetics maybe.

• Like Like x 2
  12. First time setting up smart plugs. I couldn't think of a better use for them!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  13. I got my HLG kit but did not like the spacing on the heat sink so I cut it in half and went to Lowe's. I turned the light down to lowest setting for the pics. Very happy with the light PXL_20201017_032209234.jpg PXL_20201017_032202833.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. Well, I haven’t posted for a while. Ran some budget autos last year and used pro mix bx for the first time. Didn’t Doso well at all.

so now I’m back with autos again this year. In happy frog perlite and some worm castings and kelp(Just a little). This ones 17 days from seed. I’ve given her nothing but RO/tap 50/50 (bubbles overnight) w Recharge once and with mammoth P once. Guess I’ll start feeding at 1/4 strength next week.
    Oh yeah. Bent her over today to start some lst. I’ve always liked 12 and 14 gauge insulated copper.
    Reading and learning all the time.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Apologies.
    Small closet, 42” x 6 feet. 6 foot ceiling. Panda cloth on walls. 18/6 Under 600 watt Solis Tek digital ballast on boost and Ushio Hi Lux Gro TIL she gets beyond the stretch. Light at 20”. Temps 68 dark 75-79 lights on. RH 50% or so.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Another stupid noobish question from me in regard to defoliation. Is it wise to defoliate after flowering has started? I want my friend to clear out some blocked larf and leaves under their thick canopy, but they are nervous to take anything now the girls have started flowering properly. (Auto's at day 50). I'm advising my novice friend but I'm no expert! There's a fair bit of useless bush under there. Pinch a couple of leaves per feed/water as to not stress them? They have 4 auto in a 2x4 with no training and only topping, shit is busy in there! I'm worried about airflow as much as anything.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I personally would take a few leafs every few days to clear it. To help proper airflow. A few here and there should be fine. Stripping it will make her sad.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Disregard the brown tips. I had a heat issue when the plants were smaller. Does this discoloration look like a nitrogen deficiency? PXL_20201022_140047869.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #8299 herkimer901, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    I think I see my issue. My pH has creeped up to 6.6 from 5.8. Or, maybe that isn't it. PPM started at 300 but is 500 now.

20. Great, thanks. That’s logical. There can’t be a hell of a lot of photosynthesis going on under there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1