SB & GA’s autoflower myth busters thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokexbreak, May 30, 2019.

1. I’m taking a break from growing. Too much going on. But I’ll def lurk as well.

2. I hear ya there! I'm just getting to the point to where I can start posting more content. The Co-Op has been nuts but we finally are 100% automated in the entire facility so my man hours in the garden has been cut significantly. Now I'm able to work on the fun stuff like edibles and concentrates. I'm Much more active on instagram but ill be posting here in my journal and to help the new blades. Glad to hear from you! hope all is well!'

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. What’s your Instagram ?

4. smokexbreak_growz

• Like Like x 1
  5. Have a cric purple autoflower almost ready for harvest did final flush and probably got about a week or so before I chop them down. I am thinking about leaf stripping to get that extra light to the plants. Thoughts on if i should or shouldn't. Any advice is welcome.
    20220403_195800.jpg 20220403_195755.jpg 20220403_195744.jpg 20220401_173448.jpg 20220401_173433.jpg 20220401_173419.jpg 20220401_173403.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Well done sir. Beautiful plant

7. Thanks

Sent from my SM-S908U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. if this was me I wouldn't strip it but I'd open it up with some tie downs... the more leaves you take the quicker it dries.

9. Fantastic plant.
    I would almost add a side light or pull it apart some more to try to get the light deeper into the plant

10. Beauties! I trim leaves in the last several days before harvest. I don’t know if it gives a light boost but it makes trimming easier after harvest.

11. So, I have some questions about running autos outdoors, is it cool if I ask them without reading the 444 pages previous?
    I am new to autos, definitely not to growing.
    Decided to give HSC Chunkadelic a whirl. Anyways.. if anyone's around whose got some experience running them outdoors, I'd love a couple questions answered but don't want to be presumptuous.
    Hope everyone's grows are doing fantastic!

12. shoot the questions here I’m sure you’ll find some answers.

13. #8874 StickyEnt, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    Sweet man, thank you, well lets see- what to start with...
    So I feel I've gotten my watering habits down fairly well. Just wanted to start with that, cause that was a journey. Lol, right onto autos,
    I know autos can be tricky cause you don't want to stall out at any point right,
    So I'm thinking of starting these girls in final homes. 10gal bags outside(cause that's where I plan to be finishing them), I was thinking about using a 8bulb t-8 fixture to give them max extra hours. Does this sound wiser than starting them indoors in say 1 gals at more evenly high temps with a transition to the sun and possible risks with the switch to outdoors? And what distance would be recommended for distance said light, they will only be receiving 6ish hours of sun where I plan on starting them, all morning to noon, some will get longer. I don't want to (like the wife calls it)"put up a kill shack" or basically just a plastic cold frame but the nights here are still getting down into the 40s. And then my next question, should I just go ahead and plug the light in 24 hours and keep it close so I don't really have to worry about the temps ever even getting too low? Should I ... Stop asking questions cause that's probably a few already.. okay one last one, should I not worry about the cold cause it can actually help plants stay healthy? Lol, anyways thanks again.

14. let me get home from work so i can sift through these questions

15. Sure thing man. Thanks for the response.

16. I wouldn’t recommend putting autos in ten gallon pots, especially as seedlings. Autos don’t have enough veg time to fill a pot that big. I plant my seedlings in a solo cup until the leaves reach the perimeter of the cup. I always transplant into five gallon fabric pots. I use soil with 1/3 perlite.

40 degrees is pretty cold for your plants. I would recommend not exposing them to temps that low. I’m not familiar with those lights but I always run my lights 24/7 with my autos.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you for your experiences and input.

• Like Like x 1
  18. aside from what foxymel said (which I agree 100% with). I'd make sure to make it past the cold days of early spring if you can. I put some photos outdoor last year too early and the daylight was still 12/12 and it went through a cold spell in the first week. My plants freaked out and began flowering almost instantly lol. as far as the light I've seen people use them outdoor for those extra hours of light. There's nothing wrong with it just make sure you hang it 6 inches or so above recommended height and that you have plenty of airflow. I have a buddy that grows in greenhouses in michigan and he says airflow is without a doubt the most important thing to have inside a greenhouse.... hope this answered your ?'s if not LMK and l'll do some digging around and see if i can get you some answers.

• Like Like x 1
  19. No worries, the possible stage of doing things differently is past.
    Could have, should have, would haves, left to will see.
    A bit impulsive I still am.
    Thanks you and foxy for the answers though.
    I do appreciate them and feel bad for even posting the questions...
    Hope you don't mind an auto start share photo,
    Cause here goes trial #40157,
    PXL_20220408_150357892.jpg so, what really swayed the decision, was a lack of indoor space, wanting to see if the autos really can hold up and the fact there are three volunteers from last year about ten feet from these which are all up and at em.
    PXL_20220408_021555804.jpg
    Half slug eaten but they are decent, figure if regular photo period seeds from last year can make it, hopefully these will..
    Anyways, thanks again for the response.
    And indeed greenhouses and circulation. why I don't want to wrap plastic around the wood in the picture and make a cold frame, is I don't want to have to worry about circulation... Also why I don't cover my weed come end season outdoor- just as many problems covering them as leaving them to nature IME.
    Anyways, gonna have to read some of the posts in this thread now.
    Cheers and thanks again for your time.