SB & GA’s autoflower myth busters thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokexbreak, May 30, 2019.

1. Day 32 of 9 fastbuds gorilla glue autos.. Gonna be a fun ride. First time using a screen on autos 20220307_152437.jpg 20220307_152445.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. #8842 Autoflowersmountup, Mar 8, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2022
    Nice looking sea of green!
    I’ve used portable screens a couple times and have had some pretty good turnouts.
    My biggest auto to date was a fast buds mimosa cake that was right between 10-11 ounces.
    Used some screen from a company called pscrog and a 10gal pot and the plant turned out!
    Here’s a shot of the mimosa cake auto, it’s sitting in a 4x4 tent and it had 32 “tops”.
    E9CEB686-CA9D-44B2-8A89-BB7D409A0C68.jpeg DDC60EF2-4EF7-4709-98A8-F3D1927FDFC1.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Over a 1/2 pound from a single auto is craziness. I am running 9 plants and will be happy with anything over a pound in total... But I tend to underestimate and am pleasantly surprised. Would prefer that way than the other. Have never used my current light With autos but can pull three pounds plus easy with regular

• Like Like x 2
  4. I wish I were able to do this consistently lol but I’m not quite there yet.
    As I start dialing in things like feed and some training tho I have noticed my plants have gotten considerably “better”.
    Growing good genetics helps tremendously as well. Ive tried quite a few autoflower breeders but find myself coming back to fb.
    just dropped a couple of their new releases and I’m excited about that!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Technically I made these seeds from sts spray with two fb ggs. But following vpd chart with co2 at 1200 and a fluence spydr 2i light. Should max out potential there.. Otherwise 5 gallon fabric pots with fox farm soil and nutes. After this run switching to 30 gallon no till pots

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oh man I would be afraid of the plants I could grow in a 30gal pot lol.
    One of these days a good no-till grow is something I would love to attempt but I’m stuck with some space issues.
    I typically like running coco in 3-4gal pots, that’s probably my sweet spot.
    I tried everything from a half gallon pot up to the 10gal pot last year and just seemed to have the most consistent grows in that sweet spot range.

7. This is my first time using Dr. Earth soil. I’ve been using their amendments for a couple of years and my plants love them. And they have a lot of different amendments. This soil seems to have an amazing composition. And it has a clean pure earthy smell if that makes sense. Here’s a pic of the ingredients. Not sure about the fir bark as I’ve never used it but I’m interested in seeing how it does. I just planted three strains in this soil: FB NL, FB Mexican Airlines (pure Sativa) and freebie Hindu Kush (pure Indica), all autos.

I’ve grown many fb strains and they are very consistent in germination. One day in water, one day in paper towel, and 1-2 days to sprout. I’ve always used five gallon fabric pots, but for this grow I’m using three gallon fabric pots for the first time. I’m expecting the yields to be less per plant but with three plants and training I should still be good.

In the last plant I grew I used super cropping instead of lst and I will continue. It’s much easier and you don’t have to keep tying down new growth so often. Best of all it easily gave me an even canopy. I’m excited about having a pure Indica and Sativa. I’ve never grown a Sativa before.

EA4C5E88-BF01-4E22-946D-E277A15A88DE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. What's your methods with supercropping? I've only ever done it out of necessity when things got too big but I'd love to hear how and when you do it as a stratergy.

• Like Like x 1

9. I just bend the top of the branches while they’re still very pliable and keep bending them every day. And I bend them away from other tops so there’s more light coverage. It takes about two minutes. I guess it’s not a classic supercropping but it’s much easier. And I tied the branches down at the first sign of flowering to help control height. I should have taken pics. I’ll post pics during the process. I did end up with more tops. But I’ve always had trouble getting a flat canopy because of the main, even with lst. I also lollipopped and defoliated. Lol it’s a list of things your not supposed to do with autos. I guess this could be another myth buster?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Just amazed with this run. Literally growing 4 inches a day in stretch.. Shaping up to be my best ever auto run 20220309_173908.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Posted pic of two days ago by mistake.. Here's the current version 20220312_184331.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. That’s pretty sexy!
    I finally got some sprout action, I’m always nervous to fully commit to sprouts lol.
    Gorilla strawberry auto and cherry cola auto from fast buds.
    Going to do some insta-transplants here in about a week and I’ll put that into a grow journal here so people can follow along, poke fun, ask questions.
    The grow will be an easy feed routine plus some training during veg, with hopefully an easy flower.
    785E8DCC-2538-4ADA-A7F4-253AD42795AE.jpeg A2C6B088-BAC8-467E-A5E6-B63C52E48EF8.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Beautiful choices. Good work! Good luck!

• Like Like x 1

14. What lights are you using? I’ve never come close to half a pound from one plant. I think I average about 2-4 ounces per plant. With my QB96’s flowering starts really early, which limits veg time. I think because of the extra red. I’m thinking about getting some less red lights for veg.

15. What kind of soil are you using?

16. 710773B1-BE15-47AF-922F-B663BC02A39E.jpeg I just started a new grow and I’m trying something different. I’ve always used five gallon fabric pots and growing two plants at a time. For this grow I’m using three gallon fabric pots and growing five plants. Kind of a modified SoG. I’m growing two NL, two Mexican Airlines and one Hindu Kush, all autos. I’m also using soil I’ve never used before, Dr. Earth. I’ve used their amendments for years. I’m excited to try new things and see how my plants do.

I’m going to compare NL’s and MA in light placement. One under lights and one in the middle with light overlap. I’m also comparing different training with them. One of my NL seeds didn’t sprout. I can’t remember the last time that happened. So I dropped another seed. So those will just be a few days apart which shouldn’t affect my experiments. But this is my first comparison myth buster. I’ve grown NL before but MA will be my first Sativa. I’m looking forward to having Sativa to smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Something like day 55 for the gorilla glue autos.. Interestingly 9 plants and 3 different phenotypes so that's fun 20220323_194440.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. I just realized this thread is almost three years old. I started at the beginning when I just started growing. Any other OG’s still around?

19. I'm sure I was part of it at inception but took a break in the middle thanks to a divorce. Happy to be back on the train

• Like Like x 1
  20. I still lurk from time to time lol

• Like Like x 1