SB & GA’s autoflower myth busters thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokexbreak, May 30, 2019.

1. How would you describe your light stress? I’ve been getting some brown spots and some inter-vein yellowing which I though was a calcium/magnesium issue but could well be light stress. It’s so counter intuitive to turn my LED down!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Depending on what part of the grow you are in I would turn the lights down.. I mean idk about others but I have had better resaults since I stopped pushing max light before middle to late flower. My light stress was unmistakable with almost all leafs turning brown and dying off. Here is a pic of it when it was fully messed up.
    20210403_172211.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. @Popcorn yes mine have looked like that. I backed right off and got them praying again but once the damage is done those parts don’t recover. I’m at about day 90 (!) now with the most affected one fully in flower and lots of healthy sugar leaves on the buds but the rest looks whack lol.

• Like Like x 2
  4. My LED bar is cable tied to the top of my tent and wattage is reduced to 180w (from 240w).These two plants in my 2x4 vegged for EVER so they are way bigger than expected. I guess I’ve been exceeding the DLI for a long time and the damage builds up.
    I’m now thinking (from reading in here) that four 50w cobs would be better in these small tents rather than one “big” light. Dimmable of course and more controllable.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Strawberry pie by fastbuds.
    20210611_050702.jpg 20210611_050718.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. what strain is the one you scrogged in previous pics?

• Like Like x 1
  7. That is melonaid zkittles from the plug.

• Like Like x 1

8. Holy shit! Those are monsters!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omg. My four foot plant harvested at 131 days yielded me 2 1/2 ounces of fluffy weed. I’m thinking too much heat. It’s been curing for about 6 days I think. I wanted a KO strain and I got one! I tried a sample and it was so strong it made me dizzy! It may not have “bag appeal”, but that does not matter as much. Nice and smooth with a nice flavor. I wish there was a way you could test the thc level. Wow. That’s my first fluffy weed since my first indoor blurple grow. Which was over two years ago. I still have a little bit of that left and it’s still smooth and potent.

My WW and Gelato OG, both autos are four weeks and doing fine other than a little light burn. Both are at the budlet phase of flowering.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hey guys! It's been a while since I've posted here. How's everyone doing?

I've got a GG#4 auto from Expert Seeds growing right now. She's at 5 weeks from seed today and just starting her stretch. She had a rough first week, fungus gnats.... But other than adding a lost week of growth, hasn't stunted her at all. I added mosquito bits to kill the gnat larva in the coco and things have been smooth sailing since! Anyway, just thought I'd hop in here and share!

Here's last week(week 4)
    20210607_202114.jpg 20210607_202119.jpg

And here she is today. She's doubled in size! She's gonna be a big girl!
    20210614_194840.jpg 20210614_194847.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. In case anyone is interested, I'm planning on attending the 2021 Autoflower cup, which will be in Lilliwaup, WA on August 6,7,8.
    camp ruderalis

Here's the planned schedule. It looks like it will be a great event!
    Friday

8am-11am arrival, setup and getting associated with the lay of the land
    12pm marketplace / vendor village opens: invited guests, customers, and industry professionals welcome
    1pm WTF is an autoflower anyways? – speaker Full Duplex AF / Mandalorian Genetics
    1:30pm artisan chocolate shop opens (sponsored by Magical Butter and True Terpenes)
    2:30pm debunking a few autoflower myths – speaker Full Duplex AF / Mandalorian Genetics
    4:20pm waterfront sesh – meet and greet (byob and some to share by trade, I’m sure we will still be limited on the puff, puff pass due to COVID-19 restrictions)
    5:00pm One Tree Planted Auction (seeds, flowers, glass, and other goodies)
    6:00pm music on the waterfront
    8:00pm exploring PNW wild psilocybin speaker (azurescens and cyanescens)
    9:00pm screening of the documentary Fantastic Fungi
    10:30pm cannabis themed s’mores kits available at campfire pits
    11:30pm lights out (just kidding you’re a fucking adult, wear your pajamas around if you want to)

Saturday

8am pancake + waffle breakfast sponsored by Magical Butter, Waffleye, Identity CBD
    9am wild mushroom forage and foray in the Olympic National Forest
    10am wild oyster harvest with Olympic Oyster Company (tides permitting)
    11am artisan chocolate shop opens (sponsored by Magical Butter and True Terpenes), food truck opens for business, marketplace / vendor village opens
    1:00pm One Tree Planted Auction (seeds, clones, glass, and other goodies), joint rolling competition
    2:30pm oyster shucking with the short-order cannabis revolutionary and Olympic Oyster Company
    3:00pm why we chose autos Q&A – speakers FullDuplexAF & Firebudz101
    4:00pm group photo #1
    4:20pm waterfront sesh (byob and some to share, I’m sure we will still be limited on the puff, puff pass due to COVID-19 restrictions)
    4:30pm campfire chili cookoff entries due (chili must be made here at camp ruderalis)
    6:00pm closet cultivators + basement bandits – am I still an outlaw? – speaker Capt. Stubing
    7:10pm solventless squish demo session (bring your flowers to squish)
    8:00pm music on the waterfront
    12:00am midnight campfire sesh – talkin’ trees + living soil cannabis themed s’mores kits available at campfire pits

Sunday

8am pancake + waffle breakfast sponsored by Magical Butter, Waffleye, Identity CBD
    10am wild mushroom forage and foray in the Olympic National Forest (limited spaces available), wild oyster harvest with Olympic Oyster Company (tides permitting)
    11am marketplace vendor village open for guests
    1:30pm autism awareness auction
    2:30pm clam chowder entries due
    3:00pm hunting wild psilocybin in the Pacific Northwest – speaker D. Parnooch
    4:00pm award ceremony begins, crowing the new autoflower champion
    4:20pm blowing big clouds smoke sesh and winners toast
    4:20pm IG live takeover (everyone goes live at one time during the award ceremony)
    4:30pm group photo #2
    6:00pm clam chowder and campfire chili winners announced
    8:00pm music on the waterfront
    10:00pm cannabis themed s’mores kits available at campfire pits (if available)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

12. I have two qb96’s. I got those after my first indoor blurple grow. But I’ve never had anything close to your plants. I mean all I can say is wow!

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you could just film it all on your phone and upload it here that would de great….

Sounds amazing!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Heavy ruderallis! PXL_20210622_120950526.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  15. Fastbuds strawberry pie is starting to change color so probably only needs a few more weeks.
    20210625_060715.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. autoflower myth busters thread
    One myth is that automatic flowering plants didnt exist in drug cannnabis untill easy rider or low rider what ever it was called which was bred with ruderalis.
    in 2005 i grew a couple of photoperiod strains, veged them in small foam coffee cups in perlite out of about 20 or 30 seeds 2 different strain plants started flowering in 24/7 light. i think it was due to the small pots.
    I was cloning and they were useless for clones, but i kept one alive as my gf liked it and put it in my flowering setup. only grew a 5 inch bud but she liked it.

• Like Like x 4
  17. I had to toss the plant. It started to get a little dank smelling in the office so it had to go. Bummer... I guess I will just wait till this fall when it cools off a bit and can run my filter.

• Like Like x 1
  18. My GG #4 Auto is 8 weeks old today! She is indeed turning ouyt to be a beast! I'm going to have baseball bat colas! :jump:
    20210706_004301.jpg 20210706_004320.jpg 20210706_004324.jpg 20210706_004327.jpg 20210706_004308.jpg 20210706_004312.jpg

• Like Like x 6