SB & GA’s autoflower myth busters thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Smokexbreak, May 30, 2019.

1. A flushing agent will speed up the flushing out of nutrients in your medium. It will decrease the amount of water needed to flush your medium to a very low ppm. It will not, however, speed up the plant flush. It'll just ensure your medium is free of residual nutrients while you're running only water.
    Because I'm in coco, I never use just plain water. I flush with 1/4str nutes. I do not use any flushing agents. I don't even think flushing is really necessary if you're feeding less than 1000ppm, but I do it anyway..."because you're supposed to"

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Don't touch your face or eyes with that stuff on your hands, it burns like hell and doesn't go right away either. Lol

3. O
    I can't tell a difference in a plant that was flushed or not . I don't mention that very often because alot of people are really passionate about flushing for some reason.
    The best most comprehensive post I've ever seen on flushing these plants came from @BrassNwood dudes super smart maybe he'll break it down again here for us, it's worth reading

• Like Like x 2
  4. I think it's a leftover from early indoor growing. Back before they had nutrients made for cannabis. Or I can see where it might be needed if you're feeding using a full line of stuff where your ppms are in the 1500 range. I've also been adding a pk boost to the last two weeks before flush. It's a massive pk spike 0-52-32. I don't think that would be good to end on, so the 1/4 str nutes helps that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. #2485 JoshuaE, Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    Week 10 this is an indica cultivar from my outdoor garden. Week 10 it's really getting some explosive growth now! What do you think I'll yield also I need this one to finish up next week is that going to be a problem? Lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Show off! You should take a clone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Soooo I guess I cloned this little nug IMG_20190817_090620.jpg

Sent with my new and improved pet rock v7.9

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I have a defoliation question. I’ve been doing just a little herd and there except for my first defoliation where I removed a lot of leaves. I’ve read about taking off small branches with very little bud growth. I’ve actually snipped a couple of them that were much thinner with hardly any buds, but I still have a few smaller branches with small bud growth but not as small as the ones I’ve already taken off. But compared to my big colas, they are puny. Should I remove them? I still have a thick canopy but mostly made up of smaller fan leaves growing out of buds. Is it a bad idea to remove leaves that are growing out of buds? I would think not but I’m worried mostly about airflow.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GG usually have a ton of leaves , mo . .. m st of the things you are asking are just judgement calls, you got to do what you think is best in that given situation, the lower growth is not going to be much and you'll probably throw it in with the trim .
    Whichever way you choose pay attention to your results , over the next few grows you'll be able to see definite patterns and you can adjust from there . I am into heavy defoliation and lollipoping because it fits my grow style I pack them in there and take all but the mains off. Its not for everyone. Anyway too high and rambling.
    Your doing fine @Foxymel 20190815_012618.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. I dont care about the ph once im done feeding, i use water from a place here called The water stop ,
    Ppm is 3 and the ph averaging 8 but one single drop of ph down drops it to 4+ so when i start to flush i just use straight water in the end no ph adjustments

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  11. That there catipilar food has balls

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I don’t bother with trim and threw the little popcorn buds out. The only reason I would want to remove them now is to redirect energy from what I probably won’t bother with. I just know they’re much smaller than the main big colas. I guess they still have time to develop. The breeder estimate for flowering time is 60 days. So, more about five more weeks I think.

I didn’t know GG has more leaves. There must be a reason so I’ll go easy on defoliation. Not once after I’ve done any defoliation has there been any recovery time or signs of stress. It’s kind of funny that my biggest, thickest cola is the one I broke after supercropping and taped with duct tape that wouldn’t come off. I really can’t wait to see the end results. Already they have far surpassed all of my plants on my first grow. I think a big part of that is the training. I’m really glad I joined in this myth busting challenge! It’s really fun to try new things that end up being successful. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. How do you know when there’s only a couple of weeks left? I think I’ll try a very small dose of kelp meal. I’m using Dr. Earth nutes and just got their kelp meal. It has an NPK ratio of . I’ve read that when you are using organically there’s less risk of over feeding. Their nute lines all contain soil microbes and mycorrhizae. All of my plants love Dr. Earth. On everything I’m growing I can see results the next day. Awesome stuff that I highly recommend.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Random pics of my work today
    Getting some good run off
    Flushing three , pure water for 3 others

Also have 2 more unknowns and a blueberry 420 and Northern lights xtrm
    In the dark

Also going to start on some photos

I got 5 Fem San Fernando valley strain.

And 5 Fem Chemdawg.

Waiting on my 17 auto seeds
    Plus 6 free autos .
    Im gonna be busy

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  15. I like the chemdawg. Yeah you ll be very busy. Harvesting/starting over is a hectic time. You got any help for processing all that weed your getting ready to crop

• Like Like x 1
  16. No as of right now I'm a one man army

• Like Like x 1
  17. You will not have any time to be lonely for the next few weeks. Lol

• Like Like x 3
  18. Looks like you will def be busy. You’re going to be trimming for hours! And you will probably also spend a lot of time with lst. How many plants are you going to be growing at the same time?

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm going to try and rotate 8 flower 8 veg through to keep a continuous bud flow

• Like Like x 3
  20. I want to grow chemdawg for my next grow. I got some in vape from the dispensary to use at work and I think vaping is weaker than flower. Dunno it’s my first time vaping anything. But chemdawg is supposed to be really good for migraines. I want to also grow WW.

• Like Like x 4