saying "ok" after thanks

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 979069, May 6, 2018.

1. went to this new dispensary and they have a deal for leave a review on weedmaps and get a free preroll. and gave my honest review like 3.9 star. after i showed it to the guy he looked a little anxious. asked him couple more questions like if i can do the review more than once and he said its one time thing. i asked him price of half oz and he said 100 bucks. after i said thanks then he replied with ok. is he pissed or am i kicked out or something?

2. Yes he was pissed. Those promotions are are supposed to be 5 star reviews. It is an unspoken rule. A 3.9 is considered a very bad review

• Like Like x 3
  3. True I was always told if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all

Sent from my H1711 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. all i said was the location is hard to find

5. Ok

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I was kinda kidding I'm a strong believer in telling the truth if you ask a question and that's what they were asking you for your feedback

7. Yes but when they run a promotion like that they aren't looking for honest feedback they are looking for a 5-star review to promote their business and as a reward for doing that for them they give you a good deal on whatever product they're hustling. It is an Unwritten rule of social media.

8. I agree cause I can't say that I would have asked for anything after giving a not so perfect score

9. As long as it remains unwritten then it isn't a rule haha. Don't get me wrong, I am sleazy and I love most sleazy things but I think trying to weasel your way into getting good reviews is pretty lame. I would leave a 1 star review that simply says "hot garbage" and if they don't give me the deal then I'll threaten with a lawsuit. Always out-sleaze your enemy!

10. No offense to you in anyway my fellow blade, you are awesome. Everything I'm about say is reasons why that saying should be abolished. Nothing here is meant to offend anyone but rather a point I have learned.

But.. that's saying needs to die. It logically makes no sense because, if something negative was to happen like say someone rises to power who is a brutal dictator that means I couldn't say anything negative about it. These are the kinds of sayings Kim jung-un would use in his regime.

"If you can't be nice don't say anything at all" is a way harmful saying and is a direct violation of free speech.

That being saided this nothing to do with this thread just wanted to tell you why that's a very harmful phrase to our free speech.

Now matter that has to do with this thread.

The budtender was sort of pissed because they wanted it to be a 5-star review. Also they seem to be somewhat low-key rude too by the way your describing it. Hope you got some good herb none the less.

Have a great stoney day everyone.

11. so do u think if hes there again itl be fine to buy from him?

12. Honesty without compassion is brutality.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well yea of course. I don't see why not no one was personally offended. Sounded like it was an average exchange. And I would be more concerned about what the product is like then who served it to ya at this point. The tender wasn't an outstanding service but it wasn't bad either. I would buy again from him.

14. I live by brutal honesty in real life my friend. In real life with no guidelines I'm not out to offend people but I do not sugarcoat anything. To me having too much compassion is sugar coating. You can have polite compassion and still be brutally honest that's how cops and judges do their jobs. I see where you're coming from though we do need compassion.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Okay perhaps Unwritten is the wrong word. Understood or implied is better. Actually it is just common sense! They are basically saying that if you give us a commercial on your social media platform we will reward you or pay you for that commercial advertisement by giving you XYZ promotion...
    If you are going to leave less than a 5-star review in these situations common courtesy dictates that you would at least give the store an opportunity to correct the issue, and anybody running this type of promotion would be frustrated by 3.9 star review especially over something is unchangeable as location.
    This is not a debate over principles and selling out promotion or free speech... He was asking a question on social acceptability and trying to understand why the guy was pissed off. I am simply explaining to him why the business owner was frustrated with his review.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Good for you sticking to how ya really feel. I’d do the same thing. Sounds like they want you to do the norm and put how u really feel aside to benifit them for a half gram joint. Most people would probably go for this since no one has values or morals anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 Deleted member 985876, May 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
    I apologize for the tangit. Probably should of kept it shut. Lol maybe I should follow the advice sometimes. We'll put the nail in the coffin and discuss later if you wish.

18. A review is a review. YOUR review. Good job at sticking to an honest review when it’s needed for a deal. A lot of others would just say “good shop fire buds” and 5 stars. Although your reason was Location, it’s understandable completely but I think the highlights of the review would be how the product is to your satisfaction. I mean, isn’t fire bud the main important thing? Haha just my two cents. Back to my dabs...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Well I'm not a cop or a judge but there is a point when being honest turns into being rude and that makes the matters worse. Myself personally can take constructive criticism but don't make me feel disrespected

• Like Like x 1