Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Saying hello and asking for advice.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fooness, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Hello folks,

already read a lot here, now I registered and finally here's my first post.

I'm looking forward to some serious advice, please.

I didn't smoke quite often and I bet I never smoked qualitative weed before, but now I want to.

I'm looking for a (mostly) sativa, which gives me an energetic, uplifting, cerebral high.

It should be a clearheaded high and my body should be motivated and in working mode, as I would like to
    do some artsy-fancy-creative work.

I read a lot on leafly.com and other cannabis-sites already, but I think you guys probably know even better.

Concerning the taste I'd like to have something lemony/citrusy.

So I thought I'd go with some Haze, e.g. Amnesia Haze, Super Lemon Haze, Purple Haze or Super Silver
    Haze. I've also read about Amnesia Lemon Haze (not very much), but I did not find some information on
    leafly, so maybe it doesn't really exist or something. : D

I also ordered a Lotus Vaporizer, just to do the “smoking” right.

Ok, so if it makes sense what I wrote above, then the even more important thing for me:

How much weed should I put in my Lotus Vaporizer for the first time?

The first time (probably) grade A weed with the first time vaporizing the weed?

Please give me some serious advice…

Thanks very much and kind regards!

2. #2 aToker, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
    Don't overthink it but if you like sativas, go with sour diesel, jack herer, and super silver haze. i personally prefer indicas so if you end up getting an indica strain go for anything with OG genetics(example: Sour OG, OG kush, Skywalker OG) But again, remember not to overthink the strain and they only vary slightly(unless it's a indica vs sativa)

I would get a nug the size of your pinky nail and finely grind it up. If you don't have a grinder scissors will do, but remember when vaporizing it is best at a fine consistency. 

I personally don't like vapes too much, so in the future you may want to buy a bong / water pipe. Vapes are the safest way to consume weed beside edibles, but using a bong isn't bad. remember when vaporizing you should hold it in a little longer than you would with a joint or a bong. Since it's vaporized instead of combusted, it takes a bit more time for the THC(Main chemical in weed that gets you high) to get absorbed into your lungs. 

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

3. Load up your vape, take a few tokes and judge how you feel, if you want more toke some more.

4. #4 fooness, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
    Thanks for the answers so far! : )

I hadn't that good experiences with joints, blunts or bong, because I just don't like the
    taste of tobacco and I kind of also don't stand the burned tobacco/weed that good,
    that's why I bought the vape now.

I also bought a grinder so I can load my vape with fine-grinded weed.

I've read that sativas can cause paranoia in some cases, is this true and/or why is this?

Besides of that, I think I'm sure I want to got with sativa, because of the energetic, uplifting,
    creative, cerebral high. (That's just things that I've read of, I hope it is/feels like that.)

PS: What does sour in a strains name mean? How does it smell/taste? Think I'll love the
    lemony taste of Amnesia or Super Lemon Haze, but that's just guesswork.

Besides the taste and smell, Jack Herer also sounds perfect.

5. Sativas tend to cause paranoia to some people because the compounds like thc and cbd and cbn effect it. I don't ever get paranoid when smoking, maybe just because I like my environment and everyday life. There's no way I can explain why it effects you, I'm not a brain surgeon im just a stoner lol.

I know all these strain names you're hearing sound cool and interesting, but think about it. strains over time have constantly been crossed everyday, so much to the point where there's a pure strain, but it just sounds stupid. It's all weed. On the street dealers will give it names that nobody believes, but why believe the names in a dispensary? It's just scientifically impossible for it to just be one strain. Once again I'm not a scientist, but this really makes sense to me.

Anyways, stop overthinking it, it's weed. Smoke it. Try every strain there and switch it up, Try to find one you really like, or maybe get a oil rig and get some BHOmb? :laughing:

6. I didn't mean I ever had paranoia, I just wondered if it could happen.

I also like my environment and everyday-life, so I don't expect it to happen. : )

7. just take it slow at first, people usually get paranoid when they're new to smoking and get way too high. have a couple of hits, wait 15 minutes and have a couple more if you feel like it

8. Yeah, I really don't wanna over-do it. : )

9. vaping ≠ smoking

10. And once you've saved enough Already Vaped Bud, you could water cure it then turn it into BHO or QWISO. It still looks like ground up bud if you QWISO it(darkened,obviously.understandably.) And QWISO leftover stems! QWISO everything!!!! Lolol

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Sorry, I've never heard of BHO or QWISO before.

12. Make sure you're taking even slow pulls (this isn't a bong, so don't try to rush it - you'll burn the bud.)