saying goodbye to a relative

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by VikingToker, Dec 18, 2011.

1. hey guys

just finished writing a long letter to my grandmother for christmas. I realized when I was done writing that it was, in a sense, a letter of farewell. She's sick, and there's not much left of her life. I did my best to write about her impact on my life, and that she should be proud in the generations she has raised and the future of the family, and so on.

Anyone else said goodbye to a dying relative? Feels bad, man

2. Stay strong man.

3. Essentially one of my college application essays was discussing my norwegian heritage and how much my grandparents from Norway have impacted my life. Im really sorry to hear that you had to write such a letter.

4. Sorry to hear bro, that must of been such a difficult letter to write. Both my grandparents passed away before I knew them...

Not really the same but I recently moved to a new city and had to say bye to my dog knowing that I probably would never see her again cause of her age. R.I.P Amber :(

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VastXQ_hPb0]Boyz II Men - It's So Hard To Say Goodbye To Yesterday - YouTube[/ame]

Have I ever? I often soak up in all that I've lost in my life. Family members and friends passing on.

Sometimes I never got a chance to say how much I loved them or spend that last moment with them. Times I was young and didn't realize what it was to lose someone I loved. And then they were gone and I feel regret and hurt that I didn't do more. I pray to God just to make sure my family is taken care of and to tell them I loved them. I think about them everyday.

I don't know how close you were with your grandma. My grandmas meant everything to me seriously.

I'm sorry for your loss. I often think and wonder why it needs to be that way. It makes it so hard to live this life.

I'm sorry but just know they'll always be with you.

RIP